By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - YOUR Game of the Year? (As of Oct 31)

GOTY?

Cuphead 14 2.73%

Breath of the Wild 228 44.44%

Horizon: Zero Dawn 80 15.59%

Persona 5 45 8.77%

Mario Odyssey 84 16.37%

Nier: Automata 20 3.90%

Divinity II 9 1.75%

Assassins Creed Origins 3 0.58%

Sonic Mania 5 0.97%

Other (And why) 25 4.87%

Total:513

Played HZD, BotW, and now SMO, all three I enjoyed and can't seem to put down after playing them first time, though I've 100% HZD, it's just not that memorable for me, now for BotW, I just can't finish the story due to too many sidequests and exploration that I've enjoyed doing first, and with SMO out now, I've been doing exploration first too and looking for moons and unique coins before doing the main story, so my GotY will be between BotW and SMO, but still can't decide, SMO is just too much fun right now, I might finish this game first before BotW. I might decide later if I ever finish these two.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network

Only got two 2017 games, BotW and FE Echoes

So FE Echoes is mine :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Zelda and horizon

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Persona 5 but I haven't played a ton of games this year and probably won't buy anything else either so P5 will probably be it by default.

Easy, Breath of the Wild. As much as I love odyssey it doesn't stack up to the epicness of Zelda.

Around the Network

So far, it's Breath of the Wild. It's the most impressive game I've played this year, and the few 2017 games I've played don't quite reach that peak. Perhaps Mario Odyssey will. I need to play more of it. It's also quite impressive and fun as well.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

xl-klaudkil said:
Zelda and horizon

thats cheating

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Resident Evil 7 are my top two but I'd say Zelda edges out. Horizon is great as well but there are quite a few flaws that really stood out to me but I did enjoy the game. I hope to start Mario and Assassin's Creed soon and see if that changes, which I doubt.

I'm having more fun with Fire Emblem Warriors from a gameplay standpoint, but Breath of the Wild beats it. So it's Zelda for me. I loved Persona story wise but the palaces got really tedious after the first 5 imo. (And don't get me wrong, RPG's, specifically Atlus RPGs are my favorite type of game)
I'm really loving Odyssey so far but 3D platformers aren't as high on my list as Action/Adventure and RPGs.
Have not played Nier yet as I wanna beat the first one first. Otherwise I'll never beat it lol

As for Assassin's Creed, it's super freaking good. Not only are the graphics outstanding, but the combat is SO IMPROVED. Way better than I thought it would be. Definitely compares to For Honor and Zelda.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

busbfran said:
res 7

RE7 in VR would have been goty for me hands down, I spend 60 hours on that, all in VR. Yet then Nintendo had to ruin it with BotW.
I'll get the RE7 DLC over BotW though, BotW is just too big to ever return to.