By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - YOUR Game of the Year? (As of Oct 31)

GOTY?

Cuphead 14 2.73%

Breath of the Wild 228 44.44%

Horizon: Zero Dawn 80 15.59%

Persona 5 45 8.77%

Mario Odyssey 84 16.37%

Nier: Automata 20 3.90%

Divinity II 9 1.75%

Assassins Creed Origins 3 0.58%

Sonic Mania 5 0.97%

Other (And why) 25 4.87%

Total:513

Theres a couple game missing at this point, like Xenoblade Chronicles 2, but im curious at what everyones favorite is at this point.

For me, I think I have to give it to Breath of the Wild, but i'm currently playing Doki Doki Literature Club, and i'm really liking it, although its a visual novel, not a game (or still a game?). Runner up for sure in Persona 5.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Around the Network

For me it's Nier Automata :)

If you asked this question 3 days ago, I would’ve said Persona 5 with full confidence.

But now that Super Mario Odyssey is out, I’m still only at around the halfway point, but it’s so bloody amazing that it might dethrone that title for me.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

think-man said:
For me it's Nier Automata :)

Only have like an hour logged on that, need to hop to it.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Ultrashroomz said:

If you asked this question 3 days ago, I would’ve said Persona 5 with full confidence.

But now that Super Mario Odyssey is out, I’m still only at around the halfway point, but it’s so bloody amazing that it might dethrone that title for me.

You seem to change your mind fairly often

Around the Network

Horizon Zero Dawn for me. Great story especially if you read all the collectibles which tell alot of the backstory. Really good protagonist and the other characters were decent. The combat was original with all the variety of weapons and contraptions tontake down enemies. The setting was awesome and I loved journeying around it and exploring new things. Plus the visuals were just stunning.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Yakuza 0 followed by Nier Automata.

Destiny 2 or Cuphead

Remember when 2017 was gonna be an awesome packed year? A lot got delayed, Scalebound canceled.

Red Dead Redemption 2, Vampyr, Crackdown 3, Kingdom Come Deliverance, Sea of Thieves, (maybe Kingdom Hearts 3 or FF7 Remake were also supposed to come out this year? One of them at least.) All of these delayed.

You might disagree with me for sure, as I only own an Xbox One at the moment. But for me, 2017 was lackluster.
Only games i got this year were The Surge, Valkyria Revolution and Elex.

Now Elex isn't a GOTY material. Valkyria Revolution sucked balls. So I'd go for The Surge. Loved the hell out of it.

Don't worry guys. I'm planning on getting a PS4 next year.

Wish I could say, but I've literally not played a single new game released this year yet, and I've completed well over 20 games this year. Kinda seems to have become a trend for me in recent years, as I tend to be about a year behind in playing new games.

The two games I'm most interested in are Nier: Automata and Horizon, but like I said, haven't yet played any of them.