By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - YOUR Game of the Year? (As of Oct 31)

GOTY?

Cuphead 14 2.73%

Breath of the Wild 228 44.44%

Horizon: Zero Dawn 80 15.59%

Persona 5 45 8.77%

Mario Odyssey 84 16.37%

Nier: Automata 20 3.90%

Divinity II 9 1.75%

Assassins Creed Origins 3 0.58%

Sonic Mania 5 0.97%

Other (And why) 25 4.87%

Total:513

I’m still playing Uncharted 4. It’s very likely that I will spend the rest of this generation playing this game.

Around the Network

Breath of the Wild has changed my views in gaming like I never thought. Game of the year, and current gen. Whatever stage we're in now

Mario Odyssey is superb in every way. No doubt my GOTY thus far. Cuphead gets an honorable mention from me as well along with BOTW. I haven't played Horizon yet.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

I was going to go with Wolfenstein 2, but then I finished the game and it felt short and rather underwhelming.

I think this is the first year for me in which I don't see a GOTY for me.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Breath of the Wild. I'll start Mario tonight but I'd be really surprised if it dethrones Zelda for me. The only game that may have a chance that I'm likely to buy this year is Horizon. As soon as it gets cheap enough I will snag that title.

I've seen a few people mention South Park so maybe I need to give it some more playtime but what I've played so far has just flet like a re-hash of the Stick of Truth.

Last edited by The_Yoda - on 30 October 2017

Around the Network

I've only played 4 games this year, 5 if you include Breath of the Wild which I have to start over and finish.

So far i'd say Sonic Mania. But I could see it changing into Odyssey. I don't know ... Odyssey, like Breath of the Wild, is definitely a game where my opinion needs time to simmer. It has amazing movement mechanics, but a fuck ton of issues.

Still Breath of the Wild by a large margin. Xenoblade 2 has a chance though, however I somehow doubt it will surpass it (gonna be a blast either way though).

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Mar1217 said:
Close fight between Zelda BOTW and Mario Odyssey as of now. I haven't finished any of the 2.

Though I can assure that I'll be finish with SMO tomorrow and with BOTW when the 2nd DLC will be out.

But I think I'll give a slight edge for BOTW right now, which might be subject to change tomorrow :P

By finished do you mean you'll have all moons or you'll have the story finished? Because the game is far from finished when you beast Bowser.

----------------

OT

I'd still give it to Breath of the Wild but I'll give a shout out to Odyssey who comes really close which is not something I expected after how much I loved BotW.

Signature goes here!

Loved a lot of games from the list but i choose NieR Automata. I waited a NieR sequel for so long, and when it comes out it literally exceeded my exceptions. I finished it three times in a row (every time including the five main ending).
The legend of Zelda Breath of the wild and Persona 5 in random position for my personal podium.

Horizon... although I replayed TLOU this week and appreciated it much more than when I did in PS3... And it still is the game of two generations...

And this poll results shows for those that were unaware that this site still have a much bigger Nintendo fan presence.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."