By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Where do you buy your retail games (NA)?

Where do you buy physical releases?

Amazon 17 12.59%

Amazon with Prime 32 23.70%

Best Buy 14 10.37%

Best Buy with GCU 17 12.59%

GameStop 34 25.19%

Target 1 0.74%

WalMart 3 2.22%

eBay 2 1.48%

Other 15 11.11%

Total:135

Always had the best luck with Best Buy online, usually ships fast and often times free delivery. Plus gotta love reward points!

Around the Network
TalonMan said:
d21lewis said:
I'm pretty much full digital these days but on the rare occasion that I buy a game, I just go to GameStop.

I used to buy from them all of the time and redeem my points for things but one day my points just disappeared. A ton of them, too. Now I only go on there every few months for some random accessory or something.

My main complaint about digital is the "What if...?" question, I'm always left with...   ...such as, what if 10-15 years from now, I feel the urge to play Super Mario Odyssey and the game (for whatever reason) isn't currently on my device? How do I know that server will still be available for download? What about 20yrs from now? 25??

Today - I know I can whip out my N64, pop in Ocarina and go to town...   ...do you know for a fact you'll be able to do that 20yrs from now with an eShop purchase???

I keep them on an SD card--in the Switch's case, at least. I guess I just need to get a second SD card. It has as much chance of failing as my game carts, right?

I just know myself. I've been gaming since the 80's. Every system Nintendo and Sony ever made. Every XB since the 360 (yes, all two of them!), the Dreamcast, Genesis, and Ouya.

Without going into a long spiel, all of my systems Pre-2005 are either boxed up or given away. Most of them post 2005 are either put away or on display just for show. When I get the urge to play my Gameboy, for example, I just play a torrent or use the virtual console.

Nowadays, so many great games are digital only. If our consoles don't become obsolete and servers die, a ton of our library is going to be gone forever anyway. I just play what I want today and don't worry about it. Off the top of my head, I can't really think of any game I want to play in the entire history of gaming that I couldn't play right now, either via torrent or remaster.

Where ever i find a good deal. This year

Amazon - Zelda, SC2 LOTV
Bestbuy - Luigi Mansion 2
Walmart - Splatoon 2, Destiny 2
EB/GameStop - Metroid SR

Used to be EB, but now that I work at Best Buy and I get an employee discount, obviously I buy there now

TalonMan said:
V-r0cK said:
Amazon most of the time and especially always for Collectors Edition. Bestbuy next, then Walmart, then EBgames.

Have you considered Best Buy GCU? Like I mentioned before - I pre-ordered Xenoblade Collectors for $79.99 at Best Buy. It's $99.99 at Amazon!!! 

Never really thought about it but I'll definitely look into it now, thanks!!! :)

Around the Network

Mainly BestBuy

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Not really a popular choice, but I go to Gamestop. It's the closest place I can go to get games, so I go mostly for convenience. Sometimes I go to Best Buy as well.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Primarily Best Buy, Amazon, Target and Walmart, depending on who has the best deals for the particular game or games I'm looking to buy.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Walmart and Gamestop.

Walmart or Amazon. I work at Walmart so I get a discount and I have prime, I usually just go with which ever one is easier at the moment.