By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How far are you in Super Mario Odyssey?

Are you far?

Yes 23 12.92%

No 48 26.97%

I have no idea 34 19.10%

I think I am in the middle 26 14.61%

Beat the game 47 26.40%

Total:178

I have around 400 moons now and I've just 100% the Cap Kingdom. I moved on to the Sand Kingdom because I had no clue on how to get the last 2 moons in the Cascade Kingdom. I'll come back later. Man, this game sure has content xD

Around the Network

Question, what can you do with all the other moons that you don't need to unlock the next level?

I whas wondering because collecting stuff without any use for it is pointless in my view.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

It's all just for 100% completion and unlocking more items and costumes for the shop, if you just want to go the next level and beat the game, then you're good.

xl-klaudkil said:

Question, what can you do with all the other moons that you don't need to unlock the next level?

I whas wondering because collecting stuff without any use for it is pointless in my view.

You can unlock more hats and suits to purchase and new areas with more moons you collect.

Edit: The post above me already mentioned it XD.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Volterra_90 said:
I have around 400 moons now and I've just 100% the Cap Kingdom. I moved on to the Sand Kingdom because I had no clue on how to get the last 2 moons in the Cascade Kingdom. I'll come back later. Man, this game sure has content xD

Let me guess, Moons 19 an 25?? They were the two I was stuck on last night anyway

OT: Now have 4 Kingdoms 100%, well the first 2 and the 2 that dont really count. Working on the Sand Kingdom now

Around the Network

I just finished the sand world, doing quite a bit of exploring along the way.

I think the game is great. But, like they often do, the motion controls feel unnatural. I wish Nintendo would stop forcing people to use them. Because of that, I think I can only give the game a 9 out of 10.

VAMatt said:

I think the game is great. But, like they often do, the motion controls feel unnatural. I wish Nintendo would stop forcing people to use them. Because of that, I think I can only give the game a 9 out of 10.

Indeed, I was stuck in the very first world for a long time while playing in handheld mode. I couldn't get the frog to jump high enough, nor get enough extra height by releasing the frog at the highest point. Then when I tried again on the tv, the game gave me the hint to shake the controllers to do a high jump...

I have gone back to collecting what you can from the first 3 worlds. I assume the rest unlocks later as the parot and the other guy both say there are no more hints available. No clue what to do with those big iron blocks for example.

I just started on the lake world, don't want to stop but it's past 3 am :( So far the only difficulty is handling the camera to see where you jump or turn to in time (besides finding the moons ofcourse)

SvennoJ said:
VAMatt said:

Indeed, I was stuck in the very first world for a long time while playing in handheld mode. I couldn't get the frog to jump high enough, nor get enough extra height by releasing the frog at the highest point. Then when I tried again on the tv, the game gave me the hint to shake the controllers to do a high jump...

I have gone back to collecting what you can from the first 3 worlds. I assume the rest unlocks later as the parot and the other guy both say there are no more hints available. No clue what to do with those big iron blocks for example.

I just started on the lake world, don't want to stop but it's past 3 am :( So far the only difficulty is handling the camera to see where you jump or turn to in time (besides finding the moons ofcourse)

The parrot and Blue Toad are programmed to where they can only give you 5 hints per world, after that, you're on your own. And you can't do anything about the Iron Blocks until after you beat the game.

xl-klaudkil said:

There are bonus worlds at the 250 and 500 benchmark as well.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:
xl-klaudkil said:

There are bonus worlds at the 250 and 500 benchmark as well.

Ahh oke,so it is worth  my time to get  extra moons.

Thx :)

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil