By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 42): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 16th- 22nd of October 2017

Swordmasterman said:
I think Mario and Zelda will be able to break 1 million mark lifetime

With Wii U and digital it’s pretty much guaranteed at this point. Mario should get their fairly easily, IMO.

Around the Network

So, according to the Media Create, Nintendo Switch sold 1,894,283 units. I hope see 106k units next week to break the mark of 2 million..

cesaremerim said:
So, according to the Media Create, Nintendo Switch sold 1,894,283 units. I hope see 106k units next week to break the mark of 2 million..

Considering that you have to win the lottery to buy one, they manage to sell a decent number of units.

City Shrouded in Shadow seems to have done pretty well. Unless anyone has any numbers from the Disaster Report games that makes it look like shit? Lol.

Also not bad from Itadaki Street:

06./00. [WII] Itadaki Street Wii (Square Enix) {2011.12.01} (¥6.090) - 27.640 / NEW
4. (PSP, Square Enix) Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Portable - 48,342

Kresnik said:
City Shrouded in Shadow seems to have done pretty well. Unless anyone has any numbers from the Disaster Report games that makes it look like shit? Lol.

Apparently this is TF2 in disguise.

30k first week on the 3rd game, on psp. About 10 million psp users in Japan at that time.

Roughly 5 million PS4s in Japan right now. 

I'd say it did really well.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:

06./00. [WII] Itadaki Street Wii (Square Enix) {2011.12.01} (¥6.090) - 27.640 / NEW
4. (PSP, Square Enix) Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Portable - 48,342

Itadaki Street did well. 

OT: updated the thread and replace the macau city. lels

Nice week for PS4. Gran Turismo just flopping in every aspect everywhere, they did their fans wrong with this one.

Pokken crosses 100K! Although down, MH, Splatoon, Mario Kart, and Zelda are still legging it up, awesome. Dragon Ball and ARMS are done for though.

Even with a big release, PS4 didn't get a huge bump. Dang.

Anyway, excited to see Odyssey and Switch numbers next week. It should be a slaughter.

Hi

Pretty weak sales.
Not sure how well GT usually performs but 150k seems pretty alright at least

Kresnik said:

You shpuld post lifetime numbers too........ :p