By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ResetEra - The New Neogaf

barneystinson69 said:
HandofPrometheus said:
I never heard of a paid email in my entire life...

It is a private email (school, workplace, ect). Since my workplace sadly doesn't provide them, I got a school email from my younger brother. I think the email you receive from your cable/internet company could work as well.

That’s what I use my cable/internet email from att uverse. 

Around the Network

Crazy how fast reset is growing. Already over 200k posts and 21k members.

barneystinson69 said:
HandofPrometheus said:
I never heard of a paid email in my entire life...

It is a private email (school, workplace, ect). Since my workplace sadly doesn't provide them, I got a school email from my younger brother. I think the email you receive from your cable/internet company could work as well.

why would someone like you go there? aren't you against everything that community stands for?

UltimateGamer1982 said:
Crazy how fast reset is growing. Already over 200k posts and 21k members.

I think in the long term the site will be refered to as Era as it's shorter

Last edited by Lafiel - on 29 October 2017

Can you change the email you're registered with to a free email? I could use my university email but I'm scheduled to graduate next year at latest, after which I'll only have totally free email addresses left.

Zkuq said:
Can you change the email you're registered with to a free email? I could use my university email but I'm scheduled to graduate next year at latest, after which I'll only have totally free email addresses left.

well, I have no actual experience with this as I never signed up for either gaf or era, but from a logical standpoint it makes sense to allow this, as afaik the non-freemail is only used as a hurdle to signing up and not one to staying a member

I guess disallowing moving to freemail could prevent a situation in which somebody is setting up multiple accounts for other people, but that could also be delt with by making emails that have been used for signing up once unable to sign up again (unless allowed by a mod)

Around the Network

I don't think they could have picked a worse name if they tried.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Lafiel said:
Zkuq said:

well, I have no actual experience with this as I never signed up for either gaf or era, but from a logical standpoint it makes sense to allow this, as afaik the non-freemail is only used as a hurdle to signing up and not one to staying a member

I guess disallowing moving to freemail could prevent a situation in which somebody is setting up multiple accounts for other people, but that could also be delt with by making emails that have been used for signing up once unable to sign up again (unless allowed by a mod)

Yeah, that's what I too figured. I guess I'll try it soon-ish, although I would appreciate actual information if anyone has any.

UltimateGamer1982 said:
Lawlight said:
How long before accounts get approved?

Mine took a day. They seem to be much quicker than gaf was. It took them 3 months to approve me on gaf two years ago. 

It’s funny how GAF is suddenly quickly approving account when they used to take months. Now that his community is leaving, EvilLore forgets about his elitism.

Damn, I don't have a paid e-mail :(

Does @icloud count as a paid e-mail? lmao

Hiku said:
DeuceGamer said:

I think I read it has Nibel, Zhuge, and Shinobi onboard as mods? They weren’t mods on Neo Gaf, but maybe that info is incorrect.  Not sure what to think to be honest. If the leave politics out, or don’t ban everyone who may respectfully disagree, then it will be interesting. 

The way some of the former mods treated Zhuge iirc, I'd be surprised if he wanted to be a part of their group.
Probably mostly different ppl in that case.

Not one former gaf mod in the admin and mod team at resetera. Only former Gaffers (some were banned) and others people probably. Some previous gaf mods are just regular posters now like Nirolak or Bish.