By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ResetEra - The New Neogaf

globalisateur said:
Hiku said:

The way some of the former mods treated Zhuge iirc, I'd be surprised if he wanted to be a part of their group.
Probably mostly different ppl in that case.

Not one former gaf mod in the admin and mod team at resetera. Only former Gaffers (some were banned) and others people probably. Some previous gaf mods are just regular posters now like Nirolak or Bish.

Cheesemeister?

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
barneystinson69 said:

It is a private email (school, workplace, ect). Since my workplace sadly doesn't provide them, I got a school email from my younger brother. I think the email you receive from your cable/internet company could work as well.

why would someone like you go there? aren't you against everything that community stands for?

UltimateGamer1982 said:
Crazy how fast reset is growing. Already over 200k posts and 21k members.

I think in the long term the site will be refered to as Era as it's shorter

I joined neogaf even though I didn't like the community. Neogaf (and now this site I'm sure) has a lot of leakers and useful gaming news, and there are some reasonable people in these communities.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Era might actually take over. A lot of threads on gaf are fairly dead.

Kerotan said:

I’ve noticed too. The life and soul went to ResetEra. Gaf will probably be dead in 6-12 months. It’s already my go-to site. Visiting gaf the past few days has felt very lifeless and dull. New threads don’t go nowhere or just have ppl asking to be perma banned. 

Kerotan said:

I think it already did. Replacing GAF as the best place to get news.

Around the Network

My account got approved. I might gradually shift to there if the community looks alright. VGChartz is kinda slow if you’re a PS fan.

My account was refused because it was a free email. Can't be bothered with a paid one. I'll probably visit reset as a reader though.

The Nintendo financials thread is hopping. The equivalent on gaf is a ghost town.

Just shows you how bad a hive mind gaf was that a single claim with no real proof wrecked the whole site.

Evilore deserves it for facilitating such a bad hive mind over the years. Just think of all the posters they banned over the years that could think for themselves who would probably have stayed.

GAF is in trouble, but I still prefer it's look/layout over ResetEra. Loves me some SNES color scheme but gray topic titles on a white background are kinda ... meh. But the community is good, just not super crazy about the look of the board.

Kerotan said:
My account was refused because it was a free email. Can't be bothered with a paid one. I'll probably visit reset as a reader though.

The Nintendo financials thread is hopping. The equivalent on gaf is a ghost town.

Just shows you how bad a hive mind gaf was that a single claim with no real proof wrecked the whole site.

Evilore deserves it for facilitating such a bad hive mind over the years. Just think of all the posters they banned over the years that could think for themselves who would probably have stayed.

ResetEra might already be another hivemind as well then, it could possibly even be worse than neogaf in the end.

All the people that were part of the hivemind on Neogaf moved to the same new site, so it will just be the hivemind carrying over. Some of them are even mods on the new site too so they now have the ability to again just ban anyone who disagrees/has a different view they don't like. Only time will tell though how it turns out.

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 30 October 2017

Soundwave said:
GAF is in trouble, but I still prefer it's look/layout over ResetEra. Loves me some SNES color scheme but gray topic titles on a white background are kinda ... meh. But the community is good, just not super crazy about the look of the board.

It’s kind of a pain to browse on mobile as well. GAF was pretty great for browsing on the phone.