By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo intends to maintain a steady stream of releases for Switch

Pavolink said:

Not complete but...

June

Mario Tennis Aces

Wolfestein II

Fortnite

Paladins

Hollow Knight

July

Octopath Traveler

Captain Toad

Crash Bandicoot

August

Monster Hunter XX

September

Fifa19

Xenoblade 2 Expansion

October

Super Mario Party

November

Pokemon Let's Go

Dicember

Smash Ultimate

Summer 2018

Dark Souls Remastered

Octo Expansion Spla2

Winter 2018

Tales of Vesperia Remaster

TWEWY

NBA 2k19

Dragon Ball Z

Valkyria Chronicles 4

It is fortunate that the Switch has a rather decent stream of 3rd parties, then. Otherwise, it would really struggle with ther lineup between summer and autumm.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Shaunodon said:
Nuvendil said:

Given the sales of 3D Mario, Mario Kart, and Pokemon, I think calling Smash their only S tier franchise very hyperbolic. And Fire Emblem is above Kirby and Yoshi now, gotta say.  

And I don't think Smash 5 is coming in 2018.  I also don't think Smash 4 is either.  Because contrary to the rhetoric of some, Nintendo doesn't "need" Smash in 2018.  They have numerous other franchises, this isn't the Wii U that was on death's door in 2014 before Kart arrived and Smash hype ramped up (though it proved a very short lived revival).  I could absolutely see Smash announced in 2018 to be released in 2019.  And assuming GCN Virtual Console shows up, Smash Melee may be a good thing to push out immediately.  

My guess for 2018's big Holiday title is Pomemon, Animal Crossing, or some unannounced game.  They are playing with their cards very close to the vest though so hard to say.  But I think there will be far fewer Wii U ports coming than people are thinking.  Nintendo seems quite aware of how that move could backfire on them in a public relations sense.

Also, you talk about how extremely long dev time for Smash is...then point out Smash 4 was developed in a little lver 2 years :P

Nuvendil said:

Smash 5 will come out for Switch.  As will Mario Kart 9.  It's a matter of when.  Not if.  

You seem to be rather quiet there Nostradamus.

Because I completely forgot I posted in this thread?

As for what I said, I was half wrong.  Pokemon did come in the 2018 holiday but then so did Smash 5.

And it is, from all I can see, Smash 5.  So I was right in that Smash 5 was inevitable just a lot sooner than I thought.

As for Wii U ports, eh.  They happened, I'm not bothered either way. 

No Yoshi and no Fire Emblem for 2018 really put a ding in the quality of their lineup this year. I have a sneaking feeling Q1 2019 is looking slow too so they moved Yoshi into that slot. 

Last edited by Soundwave - on 12 June 2018

Nuvendil said:
Shaunodon said:

You seem to be rather quiet there Nostradamus.

As for what I said, I was half wrong.  Pokemon did come in the 2018 holiday but then so did Smash 5.

And it is, from all I can see, Smash 5.  So I was right in that Smash 5 was inevitable just a lot sooner than I thought.

It must really sting to be wrong, if you're willing to bend the truth like that.

I really, really, really, really don't understand why Nintendo would set a goal for 100 million software sold this fiscal year if they weren't even going to try.

Around the Network
Shaunodon said:
Nuvendil said:

It must really sting to be wrong, if you're willing to bend the truth like that.

...no?  Not really.  I never pretended to have some inside knowledge, it was just a guess based on what we knew at the time.  Sometimes they are right, other times wrong.

And I don't see how I am bending the truth.

But if thinking I am sitting here shaking my fists in frustration makes you feel better for whatever reason, feel free.  If you are trying to pick a fight over this for whatever bizarre reason...well, that's pretty sad.

Nuvendil said:
Shaunodon said:

But if thinking I am sitting here shaking my fists in frustration makes you feel better for whatever reason, feel free.  If you are trying to pick a fight over this for whatever bizarre reason...well, that's pretty sad.

Comment of the day.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Nuvendil said:
Shaunodon said:

...no?  Not really.  I never pretended to have some inside knowledge, it was just a guess based on what we knew at the time.  Sometimes they are right, other times wrong.

I just wanted to see if you'd be mature enough to simply take it on the chin. But of course not.

People who make bold claims with such assurance all the time, always find some way to make sure they can't be wrong.

Calling Smash Ultimate a true Smash 5 or whole new game, is as wrong as trying to sell Pokemon Let's Go! as a mainline Pokemon game.

I don't care if you didn't specify mainline Pokemon game, it was pretty clear what you were implying.

Just so typical.

Shaunodon said:
Nuvendil said:

I just wanted to see if you'd be mature enough to simply take it on the chin. But of course not.

People who make bold claims with such assurance all the time, always find some way to make sure they can't be wrong.

Calling Smash Ultimate a true Smash 5 or whole new game, is as wrong as trying to sell Pokemon Let's Go! as a mainline Pokemon game.

I don't care if you didn't specify mainline Pokemon game, it was pretty clear what you were implying.

Just so typical.

The irony here is Ishihara from Pokemon Company said Pokemon Let's Go is a mainline RPG title back in the Pokemon Conference. If you want proof, just watch him talk about it after the trailer in the conference, it's on YouTube.

And Bill Trinen also commented in a recent interview, after the direct, that Smash Ultimate is a new game.

Of course, it's technically not a complete new game since it does have assets from Wii U, but that's not out of the ordinary. Brawl had assets from Melee and 64. Same with Smash 4 with 64 (though updated in HD), Melee, and Brawl.

Kai_Mao said:
Shaunodon said:

Just so typical.

The irony here is Ishihara from Pokemon Company said Pokemon Let's Go is a mainline RPG title back in the Pokemon Conference. If you want proof, just watch him talk about it after the trailer in the conference, it's on YouTube.

And Bill Trinen also commented in a recent interview, after the direct, that Smash Ultimate is a new game.

Of course, it's technically not a complete new game since it does have assets from Wii U, but that's not out of the ordinary. Brawl had assets from Melee and 64. Same with Smash 4 with 64 (though updated in HD), Melee, and Brawl.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/5/29/17380526/pokemon-switch-2019-core-rpg-nintendo

"But the developer still has plans for a “core” Pokémon game, due out next year, a spokesperson confirmed to The Verge."

http://au.ign.com/articles/2018/05/30/core-pokemon-rpg-coming-to-nintendo-switch-2019

" “Now today I can only tell you of it’s existence, but it’s another game we’re pouring all of our creativity into" said longtime Pokemon director, producer, and composer Junichi Masuda, who is directing the title."