By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 'Amazing' games that you hate!

JWeinCom said:
Hate is too strong of a word, but I really didn't like Skyrim that much. It was the type of game where I'd be engaged enough to play for a few hours at a time, only to realize I didn't have any fun at all during that time.

I genuinely hated Arkham Knight. The vehicle segments were too often and too clunky. Half the game was a search for a parking spot.

I don't like Uncharted nearly as much as other people. I kind of feel like they're the fast and furious of gaming. Shiny dumb fun while it lasts, then I never have the desire to see it again.

I don't particularly like the original Zelda or Metroid. I just don't think they hold up all that well.

damn i forgot this game..I get mad whenever I boot up the game and see all those idiotic riddler puzzles and even more pissed the real boss and ending are not attainable unless you do all those stupidly repetative tedious puzzles

Around the Network

Smash was/is a "amazing" game/series (popular opinion), but I just think its a subpar fighter, thats a mess when so many people play at once.

So Smash is my amasing game series that I hate.

Girls mode ( Style Savvy )

Baddman said:
JWeinCom said:
Hate is too strong of a word, but I really didn't like Skyrim that much. It was the type of game where I'd be engaged enough to play for a few hours at a time, only to realize I didn't have any fun at all during that time.

I genuinely hated Arkham Knight. The vehicle segments were too often and too clunky. Half the game was a search for a parking spot.

I don't like Uncharted nearly as much as other people. I kind of feel like they're the fast and furious of gaming. Shiny dumb fun while it lasts, then I never have the desire to see it again.

I don't particularly like the original Zelda or Metroid. I just don't think they hold up all that well.

damn i forgot this game..I get mad whenever I boot up the game and see all those idiotic riddler puzzles and even more pissed the real boss and ending are not attainable unless you do all those stupidly repetative tedious puzzles

I gave up after a few hours.  I think it was after the riddler decided that the best way for him to prove he's the world's greatest detective was to have you go through a race track.

Uncharted 1-2-3. Bought the first two, both of which are best described as "heartless bleh", or "run through our setpieces, you piece of shit". Got the third free via PS+, but all it is a pretty TPS, 5/10 at best, even if better than the first two. Still more of a crappy set of... setpieces than a game.

No desire/interest to touch the series ever again.

Around the Network

Seems to be a pattern with a lot of people disliking both BotW and GTA at the same time. Not sure if this is a coincidence.

Anyways, I just do not get what makes Modern Warfare 2 so superior to all other CoD games.

Super Mario Bros. - A lot of people talk about this game as though it were a masterpiece but I just plain did not like it. What the fuck am I doing? Just jumping on stuff? Headbutting floating blocks? And why the hell am I trying to jump on a flag? The game had no soul, nothing I could identify with or care about. I played it many, many times (games were expensive back then so you replayed what you had) but I always gave up quickly and went to do something more interesting, like watching weeds grow.

Uncharted 2 - Honestly, I barely played this, even though I own it. Keep in mind that this was one of the games that convinced me to buy a PS3 (along with The Last Guardian (shut up)). A few minutes of QTE-platforming and I'm wondering why I'm even bothering. Might as well just watch a cutscene, it would be less annoying.

Tomb Raider reboot - Speaking of QTEs. This is a game that I actually hate rather than mildly dislike. I have two copies (one for free) on PC and console and uninstalled both with relish. "Game over" QTEs can go die in a fucking fire along with "why am I even playing" auto-platforming.

The Stick of Truth - It was kind of interesting at first but then ... yeah, combat happened. I'm very disappointed that I couldn't get a refund for the $5 I spent on it.

Super Mario Bros. 3 - See above. I do rate this higher, however, because Yoshi.

Red Dead Redemption - Poor mechanics, empty world, annoying horse.

Crysis 3 - I finished the game but it really, really wasn't very good. Ignore the long walks with nothing happening where, I guess, you're just supposed to be awed by the graphics. I can deal with that. It's just that everything else was subpar, as well. Crysis died a very sad death.

Zach808 said:
Seems to be a pattern with a lot of people disliking both BotW and GTA at the same time. Not sure if this is a coincidence.

Anyways, I just do not get what makes Modern Warfare 2 so superior to all other CoD games.

Some people just don't like open worlds I guess? To me, the difference couldn't be bigger.

Zach808 said:

While I find the game to be fun, I think MW2 is where COD started it's decline.  Before MW2 the series always prided itself on authenticity.  It was as close an appoximation to real war as a videogame could get.  But MW2 threw that defining trait out the window and turned the series into a generic mindless Michael Bay film.

pokoko said:
Super Mario Bros. - A lot of people talk about this game as though it were a masterpiece but I just plain did not like it. What the fuck am I doing? Just jumping on stuff? Headbutting floating blocks? And why the hell am I trying to jump on a flag? The game had no soul, nothing I could identify with or care about. I played it many, many times (games were expensive back then so you replayed what you had) but I always gave up quickly and went to do something more interesting, like watching weeds grow.

Uncharted 2 - Honestly, I barely played this, even though I own it. Keep in mind that this was one of the games that convinced me to buy a PS3 (along with The Last Guardian (shut up)). A few minutes of QTE-platforming and I'm wondering why I'm even bothering. Might as well just watch a cutscene, it would be less annoying.

Tomb Raider reboot - Speaking of QTEs. This is a game that I actually hate rather than mildly dislike. I have two copies (one for free) on PC and console and uninstalled both with relish. "Game over" QTEs can go die in a fucking fire along with "why am I even playing" auto-platforming.

The Stick of Truth - It was kind of interesting at first but then ... yeah, combat happened. I'm very disappointed that I couldn't get a refund for the $5 I spent on it.

Super Mario Bros. 3 - See above. I do rate this higher, however, because Yoshi.

Red Dead Redemption - Poor mechanics, empty world, annoying horse.

Crysis 3 - I finished the game but it really, really wasn't very good. Ignore the long walks with nothing happening where, I guess, you're just supposed to be awed by the graphics. I can deal with that. It's just that everything else was subpar, as well. Crysis died a very sad death.

Super Mario Bros. 3 doesn't have Yoshi.

Also I really liked Rise of the Tomb Raider, don't know if the first reboot is good though. Uncharted 2 is good so far(i'm replaying it, but generally I agree with your opinion), and I like The Stick of Truth from what i've played.