By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Cliff Bleszinski: Switch’s concept is “brilliant”, Lawbreakers for Switch Could Happen.

RolStoppable said:
This looks like a multiplayer game for more than two people. I guess Cliffy B doesn't know that up to eight Switch systems can connect to each other locally.

You mean more people that the current userbase on PC?

Currently (Re-)Playing: Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void Multiplayer, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Currently Watching: The Shield, Stein's;Gate, Narcos

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
So he finally managed to count the buttons then?

Please give the reference because I haven't got the original remark of him.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

NATO said:
Machiavellian said:
Have we not seen games that have barely sold on the PS4 and X1 sell much better on the switch. With game modes made specifically for the system it could excel. As for the game itself, seems like a very bias bunch here. The majority of reviews are very favorable for the game and it seems like it provide a unique experience. Are we now judging a game by how much it sells instead of actually how good the game is..

I don't think anyone is judging it by how well it sells, but when you have such a game dropping to 10 concurrent players, surely the logical conclusion from that is that the people that bought it clearly don't feel it worth playing.

I'm not a nintendo fan, not even close, as many in the thread will happily tell you, but given how dismissive cliff b was of the switch early on, why should Nintendo fans get hyped for a game that he's wafting under thier noses that's clearly struggling to retain a player base on other platforms, that he's seemingly only considering bringing to switch because it's proven itself to be a solid platform and doing well in install base thus far.

Why would Nintendo fans see this as anything more than trying to cash grab for a failing game, regardless of what reviews say? 

It's quite common for companies to wait for a platform to prove itself before commiting.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Bristow9091 said:
I wanted to make a joke but it's already been made...

Indeed, and it's called "Lawbreakers"

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Captain_Yuri said:
PEEPer0nni said:
Millions of people care about this game so it's not a surprise that he wants so satisfy the damand.

"LawBreakers' concurrent player count dropped to 10 this afternoon"

https://www.pcgamesn.com/lawbreakers/lawbreakers-player-count

"Millions"

A single full game of it on the Switch could double the total player count.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Tbh he should go for the switch before the Xbox. His game tanked hard. The switch is the only platform where it will see no competition. It's the perfect chance if he wants to grab an audience. Xbox will just ignore it like the PS4 and PC has.

Nem said:
Tbh he should go for the switch before the Xbox. His game tanked hard. The switch is the only platform where it will see no competition. It's the perfect chance if he wants to grab an audience. Xbox will just ignore it like the PS4 and PC has.

What's the market like for twitch shooters on Nintendo consoles? Nintendo only has Splatoon for shooters. It's not a k/d twitch shooter like Lawbreakers, Quake or Doom. Of course, if Bethesda is porting Doom, I guess it could work. With that said, this game may be marketing to a demographic that doesn't exist anymore, on all platforms. IMO,  that's the critical mistake that this game made, good/great reviews be damned. It's just not good business sense to make a game for effectively nobody. Should've come to Switch/Xbox soon and went F2P yesterday.

Currently (Re-)Playing: Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void Multiplayer, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Currently Watching: The Shield, Stein's;Gate, Narcos

MajorMalfunction said:
Nem said:

What's the market like for twitch shooters on Nintendo consoles? Nintendo only has Splatoon for shooters. It's not a k/d twitch shooter like Lawbreakers, Quake or Doom. Of course, if Bethesda is porting Doom, I guess it could work. With that said, this game may be marketing to a demographic that doesn't exist anymore, on all platforms. IMO,  that's the critical mistake that this game made, good/great reviews be damned. It's just not good business sense to make a game for effectively nobody. Should've come to Switch/Xbox soon and went F2P yesterday.

The's a market there for those who try hard to create one that's what happened with Overwatch the problem LB had was that it suffers from a very big problem it's one of those me two clones which pops up when ever a type of experience explodes onto the scene. We've seen this before with similar type of games popping up when the likes of GTA, Team Fortress, Mario Kart, Modern Warfare etc... all surfaced and what happenes is the market which was created by this new experience essentially sticks to the series that pioneered it (Mario Kart and GTA are examples of this with no similar game coming close to their sales).

To put it simply the market exists but it mainly responds to Overwatch only.

Of course it's brilliant. Unlike Lawbreakers, there are more than fifteen people playing it at once

DonFerrari said:
NATO said:

I don't think anyone is judging it by how well it sells, but when you have such a game dropping to 10 concurrent players, surely the logical conclusion from that is that the people that bought it clearly don't feel it worth playing.

I'm not a nintendo fan, not even close, as many in the thread will happily tell you, but given how dismissive cliff b was of the switch early on, why should Nintendo fans get hyped for a game that he's wafting under thier noses that's clearly struggling to retain a player base on other platforms, that he's seemingly only considering bringing to switch because it's proven itself to be a solid platform and doing well in install base thus far.

Why would Nintendo fans see this as anything more than trying to cash grab for a failing game, regardless of what reviews say? 

It's quite common for companies to wait for a platform to prove itself before commiting.

Indeed, but giving this as your reason?:

There’s a possibility for everything and anything in this world. I think the hardest part with the Switch is the controls. Look at the game that we have right now, and we just literally by the skin of our teeth put the entire game and the control pad that the PlayStation has. That means that we could probably make it work for the Xbox One in someway, right? But if you’re looking at the Switch the base controller that’s on the unit, it doesn’t have as many buttons.

For those of us that can count, the Switch has the same face button count as the PlayStastion and Xbox, discounting the touchpad button and touchpad input, which could just as easilly be replaced by the consoles touchscreen anyway (and the game does not use this button to start with).

If anything, the Switch has more.

Let's be clear here:

Switch   |    PS
up / dpad up
down / dpad down
right / dpad right
left / dpad left
a / circle
b / cross
y / square
x / triangle
capture / share
home / options
---- / PS Home
minus / ----
plus / -----
l / L1
zl / L2
r / R1
zr / R2
analog left / analog left
analog left click / analog left click
analog right / analog right
analog right click / analog right click
Touchpad button / Touchscreen tap
Tocuhpad / Touchscreen

So yeah.. um.. switch doesn't have enough buttons is a stupid reason to give to why you arent supporting it, he could have just said "we're waiting to see how the console sells first", but no, he went right ahead with that excuse.