By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Cliff Bleszinski: Switch’s concept is “brilliant”, Lawbreakers for Switch Could Happen.

NATO said:
DonFerrari said:

It's quite common for companies to wait for a platform to prove itself before commiting.

Indeed, but giving this as your reason?:

There’s a possibility for everything and anything in this world. I think the hardest part with the Switch is the controls. Look at the game that we have right now, and we just literally by the skin of our teeth put the entire game and the control pad that the PlayStation has. That means that we could probably make it work for the Xbox One in someway, right? But if you’re looking at the Switch the base controller that’s on the unit, it doesn’t have as many buttons.

For those of us that can count, the Switch has the same face button count as the PlayStastion and Xbox, discounting the touchpad button and touchpad input, which could just as easilly be replaced by the consoles touchscreen anyway (and the game does not use this button to start with).

If anything, the Switch has more.

Let's be clear here:

Switch   |    PS
up / dpad up
down / dpad down
right / dpad right
left / dpad left
a / circle
b / cross
y / square
x / triangle
capture / share
home / options
---- / PS Home
minus / ----
plus / -----
l / L1
zl / L2
r / R1
zr / R2
analog left / analog left
analog left click / analog left click
analog right / analog right
analog right click / analog right click
Touchpad button / Touchscreen tap
Tocuhpad / Touchscreen

So yeah.. um.. switch doesn't have enough buttons is a stupid reason to give to why you arent supporting it, he could have just said "we're waiting to see how the console sells first", but no, he went right ahead with that excuse.

When I put the control in my hand I couldn't really say that all those buttons were as easy to access and not mistake as the ones in PS4. And it's possible that when he said switch he was thinking of the layout of WiiU.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
MajorMalfunction said:
Nem said:
Tbh he should go for the switch before the Xbox. His game tanked hard. The switch is the only platform where it will see no competition. It's the perfect chance if he wants to grab an audience. Xbox will just ignore it like the PS4 and PC has.

What's the market like for twitch shooters on Nintendo consoles? Nintendo only has Splatoon for shooters. It's not a k/d twitch shooter like Lawbreakers, Quake or Doom. Of course, if Bethesda is porting Doom, I guess it could work. With that said, this game may be marketing to a demographic that doesn't exist anymore, on all platforms. IMO,  that's the critical mistake that this game made, good/great reviews be damned. It's just not good business sense to make a game for effectively nobody. Should've come to Switch/Xbox soon and went F2P yesterday.

Since Overwatch or any of those type of of games are not on the switch, it may fill in that void.  Since the game appears to be well made and solid team based shooter opening up to a mobile team based shooter could be just what the game and the switch player base might be looking for.

monocle_layton said:
Of course it's brilliant. Unlike Lawbreakers, there are more than fifteen people playing it at once

Shots fired!

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Darwinianevolution said:
That backtracking after such a poor performance is hilarious. I'd be willing to bet that if they had put the game on the console from the beginning, it would have done well there, Overwatch hasn't come yet. You reap what you sow, I suppose.

Hindsights 20/20, but yeah if he revealed it as early support for Switch and it came out same day as the others, I wouldve bought it tbh. But now...even if it did come id be worried servers wouldnt last.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

TalonMan said:
Intentional bump

Have it dropped below 10?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network

tfw a Switch Pro Controller has more buttons than the number of people playing the game.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

DonFerrari said:
NATO said:

I don't think anyone is judging it by how well it sells, but when you have such a game dropping to 10 concurrent players, surely the logical conclusion from that is that the people that bought it clearly don't feel it worth playing.

I'm not a nintendo fan, not even close, as many in the thread will happily tell you, but given how dismissive cliff b was of the switch early on, why should Nintendo fans get hyped for a game that he's wafting under thier noses that's clearly struggling to retain a player base on other platforms, that he's seemingly only considering bringing to switch because it's proven itself to be a solid platform and doing well in install base thus far.

Why would Nintendo fans see this as anything more than trying to cash grab for a failing game, regardless of what reviews say? 

It's quite common for companies to wait for a platform to prove itself before commiting.

Oddly enough, that’s never the case with Microsoft or Sony.

routsounmanman said:
DonFerrari said:

Have all 3rd parties come to PS1? Or to Xbox og? Does all 3rd party goes to Xbox 1?

No, they all had to prove theirselves at some point. For your luck Nintendo track record on 3rd party support/sales have been bad for like 4 or more generations, since they left their dictatorship against 3rd parties... so yes, they will evaluate the risk and profit before commiting with Nintendo. Very basic actually.

DonFerrari said:
routsounmanman said:

Have all 3rd parties come to PS1? Or to Xbox og? Does all 3rd party goes to Xbox 1?

No, they all had to prove theirselves at some point. For your luck Nintendo track record on 3rd party support/sales have been bad for like 4 or more generations, since they left their dictatorship against 3rd parties... so yes, they will evaluate the risk and profit before commiting with Nintendo. Very basic actually.

It’s not Nintendo’s job to promote and sell 3rd party games. When they are more eager to support a PS portable more than the Switch, you know something’s wrong. Also, during its early days, the PS3 failed miserably at every single “test” yet everyone kept supporting the system. Their bond with Sony that strong? 

routsounmanman said:
DonFerrari said:

It’s not Nintendo’s job to promote and sell 3rd party games. When they are more eager to support a PS portable more than the Switch, you know something’s wrong. Also, during its early days, the PS3 failed miserably at every single “test” yet everyone kept supporting the system. Their bond with Sony that strong? 

If it isn't the job of Nintendo to create an environement that attracts 3rd parties than you already know where they failed so stop complaining.