By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Better Name for Xbox One?

Xbox 3. Keep it simple.

Around the Network

There's nothing wrong with the name.

XB1 didn't exactly go as well as they planned. It's a good name if your a customer who understood and wanted the XB vision of an "all in one media entertainment device", but a bad name if your expecting a dedicated game console, which also probably means you know this isn't the first XB console.

XB3 wouldn't have been a good idea, but skipping 3 and going to 4, just like how they skipped from 8 to 10, would have worked. XB4 vs PS4.
They also could have kept the 360 type name and used 420 or 540. Both would have felt on par or superior to PS4. Now 420 may not be a number that XB wanted to associate with itself, even though it would make sense with the green XB color scheme lol. I can also see why they may not want to use 720 either, since it's supposed to be a 1080p machine.

This is why really thought they may go with XB 1080, since it was supposed to be a true 1080p machine. It would have fallen into the 360 naming scheme perfectly, and would have had 10 in the name to match with Windows as well. Maybe since XB knew many of the games weren't going to actually be true 1080p, especially at launch, that they decided to try an avoid that as well.

Yeah its a pretty bad name.

Only thing that will save it is if they keep it FOREVER.

XBOX ONE X
XBOX ONE Y
XBOX ONE Z
XBOX ONE Z2

next 4 generations.

Xbox ∞

Around the Network
Conina said:

Xbox Crystal is already taken: It's the color deciption of my first Xbox.

On topic: I still doubt that the name of a technical product has much impact on the sales.

I actually own that exact console too.

Mar1217 said:
The name isn't bad, but it ain't striking either.

Would have prefer Xbox 720 as I thought back then.

Xbox 720 was also advertised in a few movies like Real Steel.

It was more of a "wtf" moment when it turned out it wasn't the consoles name. Haha

Or maybe... They might use Xbox 720 for the next Xbox?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Xbox 362 i would have excepted

Azuren said:
Azzanation said:
Considering there's meaning behind it, its alright, not the worse name for a console.

On topic: Xbox 3, Xbox 720

Yeah really.

Xbox One was a wierd named until it means All in One Xbox thanks to Backwards Compatibility with all Xbox Generations.

I would much prefer a name with a meaning behind it than just generic numbers. MS name all there consoles with meaning. Its clever.

Also worse names than Xbox One are Wii and GameCube. They were horrible names.

Xbox U

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

Xbox 720 is a bad name for marketing. Especially when the market assumes that as the base resolution of the console. Wouldn't work.