Forums - Gaming Discussion - NeoGAF members welcome!

Platina said:
Welcome

Though are there any gaf members that joined? :p
Nem said:
Hey, returnees are good aswell.

Honestly, i just don't want the over-sensitive ones. I hate drama.                                     

Couple of them from what I've seen. We shall see during the developpement of this week 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

I've been both a member of Gaf and VGChartz for awhile, I joined Neogaf almost 5 years ago and I joined VGChartz almost 9 years ago. I can understand some of the animosity posters here have toward Gaf, I never did get the VGChartz hate, But there were a lot of good members who were there, people who just posted about stuff that interested them or things they wanted to share. I never really got involved or posted in the political side of Gaf so I can't speak for them although I did browse a few things. Yes there were shitty people on Gaf, I won't deny that. But there were alot of people there that I liked and will miss hearing their opinions about things. Also the general craziness from things like E3 and Nintendo Directs was fun.

For people talking about SJW or Libtards of Gaf, I know things could get heated in discussion about social topics and people could be aggressive in their posts. For people here who had negative experiences with PoliticalGaf, I can't speak on your experiences, I will say that for some people who posted the way they did, I feel its because they felt hurt. I'm a mexican-american guy and I'm gay, it sucks when I hear stuff negative about Mexicans or LGBT people. There was that flier that was at that school that urged LGBT students to kill themselves, and honestly that hurts, it really does hurt knowing that some people just want me to die. It can get frustrating and I could see people also frustrated post more aggressively or confrontational. I try to be more calm and respectful in my post, cause I know getting to the opposite of that is a sure fire way to turn people away from any cause or stance that you have.

I know that wasn't the case for everyone, hell I know there were times when I felt that people were getting upset over nothing. I know there were plenty of times when people overreacted and I do know people had their biases. I know people could be rude in how they posted and act like they were some how above others or posters in other forums.

Anyway sorry for the long post, just wanted to post my two cents. I haven't posted here in a long while, mostly cause for a time my internet was bad and the ads here made it impossible to navigate. But I have been wanting to post here again, I do enjoy the sales discussion.

Monster Hunter Tri

Name: Silver

ID: 94BRVX

sup

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

darkheart709 said:
I've been both a member of Gaf and VGChartz for awhile, I joined Neogaf almost 5 years ago and I joined VGChartz almost 9 years ago. I can understand some of the animosity posters here have toward Gaf, I never did get the VGChartz hate, But there were a lot of good members who were there, people who just posted about stuff that interested them or things they wanted to share. I never really got involved or posted in the political side of Gaf so I can't speak for them although I did browse a few things. Yes there were shitty people on Gaf, I won't deny that. But there were alot of people there that I liked and will miss hearing their opinions about things. Also the general craziness from things like E3 and Nintendo Directs was fun.

For people talking about SJW or Libtards of Gaf, I know things could get heated in discussion about social topics and people could be aggressive in their posts. For people here who had negative experiences with PoliticalGaf, I can't speak on your experiences, I will say that for some people who posted the way they did, I feel its because they felt hurt. I'm a mexican-american guy and I'm gay, it sucks when I hear stuff negative about Mexicans or LGBT people. There was that flier that was at that school that urged LGBT students to kill themselves, and honestly that hurts, it really does hurt knowing that some people just want me to die. It can get frustrating and I could see people also frustrated post more aggressively or confrontational. I try to be more calm and respectful in my post, cause I know getting to the opposite of that is a sure fire way to turn people away from any cause or stance that you have.

I know that wasn't the case for everyone, hell I know there were times when I felt that people were getting upset over nothing. I know there were plenty of times when people overreacted and I do know people had their biases. I know people could be rude in how they posted and act like they were some how above others or posters in other forums.

Anyway sorry for the long post, just wanted to post my two cents. I haven't posted here in a long while, mostly cause for a time my internet was bad and the ads here made it impossible to navigate. But I have been wanting to post here again, I do enjoy the sales discussion.

Dv8thwonder said:
sup                                     

What a reply.

Dulfite said:
Harkins1721 said:
The site is 95% full of cry babies, Antifa, and people who label everything racist if they dont agree with you.

Wait, so your telling me VGC is considered the more moderate/conservative of the game sales websites? My goodness, I thought my conservatism made me ostracizedon this website, I can't even imagine how I'd feel if I was a user over there.

There are far more conservatives on this site. I mean I know of at least 3, you, myself, and mr. Pugsley. Thats three times more than I knew on gaf.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
DarthVolod said:

No, even our crazy leftys on this site (looking at you VGPolygot) are probably too right of center for them to handle. 

Someone hurts their ridiculously fragile feelings and they will be running to the mods to ban everyone in sight; old habits die hard.

That's a good one. XD

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

chapset said:
Ethomaz welcome gaf brother!!!!

I kinda miss this guy (even though he resulted in my permaban). Poor thing was probably distraught when he found out what happened to the gaf. In my opinion, we should give him another chance here. Act less fanboyish, and there should be no problem.

I’m a gaf member even though I started here first. Does that count? Lol

Lawlight said:
Pagan said:

Vgchartz is not like gaf.

I dont know if the people of vgchartz can verify leakers like bishop on gaf did before.

Neogaf is not only about posting media creates and npd.

It has leakers, sales channel sub forums like the easy allies forum.

Vgchartz is just about numbers and Console wars.

I'd argue that vgchartz had more leakers than GAF this year.

I dont mean NUMBERS when i say leak. I am talking about nate drake(direct feed games) and his NX rumours. Or from emily Rogers. Or eurogamers Ps4Pro leak was leaked before on reddit and gaf. The chinese foxconn worker who described the switch by weight and height and so on. Leaks doesnt mean just numbers. Numbers are Published so or so from NPD. I can wait 7 days longer for the official release. NPD numbers are not huge leaks sorry. Thats just getting 7 days earlier. 

I kinda want to see the conversational climate in Neogaf now. Sounds fun.