By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NeoGAF members welcome!

Damnit, get neogaf withdrawal symptoms. Would always visit the site for news. I keep typing into search without thinking.

Around the Network

I don't care if Neogaf members join this site but I hope some of the more extreme members can grow from what they've done in the past instead of just bringing it here. Too many people on there were on the extreme end of things that you constantly see where it makes it worse for everyone; demonizing everyone imaginable if they disagreed over anything and thus pushing people away from wanting to associate with anything related.

Edit: I've edited this comment and rewritten it as to more accurately portray what I originally intended to say, as it was written poorly at the time.

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 14 August 2021

Kerotan said:

iLikeEggs said:

why not? (i'm curious)

For a number of years Nintendo's sales were not good almost everywhere except Japan.  So a lot of nintendo fanboys on gaf who liked to brag about sales found a safe haven on their mediacreate thread.  Obviously happy with Nintendo performance in Japan but constantly downplaying the ps4 in Japan since it launch being really negative about it.  

Every game not announced for a Nintendo platform was stupid according to them and the port begging was hilarious. It actually became a meme. 

Anyway,  I'd rather not see these guys come over here but if they do so be it. 

Wait. Is this serious? (sorry, i can't tell). I mean, I know most of us here joke around in the sales threads, but, deep down, I don't think any of us actually care too much about the sales of video game-related items to the point that we'd be offended by them. Unless...maybe I am mistaken? Do the sales/sales expectations actually matter that much to you? My mom always said that I seemed kind of oblivious to certain things, so maybe I have been unaware...

Hi

Pagan said:
Lawlight said:

I'd argue that vgchartz had more leakers than GAF this year.

I dont mean NUMBERS when i say leak. I am talking about nate drake(direct feed games) and his NX rumours. Or from emily Rogers. Or eurogamers Ps4Pro leak was leaked before on reddit and gaf. The chinese foxconn worker who described the switch by weight and height and so on. Leaks doesnt mean just numbers. Numbers are Published so or so from NPD. I can wait 7 days longer for the official release. NPD numbers are not huge leaks sorry. Thats just getting 7 days earlier. 

Wasn't emily rogers proven to be a hack? Plus, the leaks were never of big magnitudes anyway. The NX rumours started with Eurogamer, not on GAF. Kotaku leaked the PS4 Pro first. The Chinese foxconn nx details were regurgited by GAF from a Chinese forum (was it baidu?). So, really GAF hasn't had any insider for a long time now.

DeuceGamer said:

Been a member of both sites for a while, though admittedly I frequented Gaf more frequently and lurked here. I tried to stay away from political discussions because I noticed they were quick to ban people who had any kind of differing opinion. Hard to have legit discussions that way, IMO.

I mostly posted in Nintendo threads and sales threads so hope the Nintendo and Sales community is good here. I ask that you not stereotype Gaf posters. There were a lot of good posters on Gaf (and a lot of trolls).

Oh, don't worry - this site is nothing but a Nintendo and sales community.

Around the Network

Neogaf had some gruesome members, not all are welcome for sure. I am not sad they closed the site there was a to high tollerance for everything that shouldn't be tollerated.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Slarvax said:
I don't know if this site is slowly becoming like Gaf, or its polar opposite.
Ya'll gotta stop being elitists.

I thought the majority of the posts were jokes poking fun at the situation. :shrug:

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Used to post here a long time ago. Looking for a new forum to frequent during the week.

Mirson said:

I was Chartz before turning to Gaf, so do I fit the bill?

I love Neogaf due to the community. Since it was so large and active, you would always find someone to talk about regarding whatever you pleased, and the community threads are excellent. I always ignored the political and religion posts.

They have been quite a few. Hopefully makingmusic finds his way back as well.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I was not a member but they had some great and informative threads which I bookmarked, e.g. the yearly thread about point&click adventure games (by far the best ones about the genre I ever saw) or - ages ago - the gorgeous and extensive thread about Nintendo DS games with tons of information and screenshots. I wished I could link them but they are all gone now. What a shame. *Deletes bookmarks*

The "OT" threads were great as well.