By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NeoGAF members welcome!

DeuceGamer said:
OTBWY said:

Completely went over your head m8.

Actually I thought it was which is why I asked if I missed the sarcasm, but I couldn’t view what was covered up for some reason. I tried to click on it, but still couldn’t view anything. X

That said, thanks for clarifying and sorry I used your post as an example.  Still it doesn’t change the many other posts in this thread that have made similar statements.

I’d also add that I can see that being a popular response, even in other threads. If that is indeed the case, it will just takeaway from legitimate discussions and be a distraction. Not something I’m keen on doing. 

I'ts okay. But I will say, without jokes, that I dislike certain people from Neogaf because of my experiences in the past. I got perma'd right around the time gamergate became a thing. Had a wrong opinion, and the funny thing is that I wasn't even completely for GG. I could see that they would evolve into the white supremacist alt-right you see today. It doesn't change however, the act of spearheading witchhunts against individuals who had a different opinion or said something not politically correct, which imo was condoned by some (not all) on that site. Lastly, I absolutely hated being a Nintendo fan on that site. I always felt a heavy pro-Sony bias. That's just my experience though.

Around the Network

With all of the talk about "Marxist leftists", "SJWs", and what not, it's making it sound like NeoGAF was a better place than here

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Welcome them here? This site is broken 90 % of the time, last 2 days i could only get in 4 times to post, its infuriating trying to login and this broken site giving you error after error.

There was scheduled site maintenance.

NeoGAF members that always thought NeoGAF rule forbidding to mention VGC, and even banning those that do it, is utterly stupid are already on the right way to be welcome.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Honestly welcome any neogaf user that joins. The people overtly being negative towards yourself and community are just being elitist the same way pretty sure some members in your community have. Honestly ignore them and help this site to be better.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
VGPolyglot said:

There was scheduled site maintenance.

Today was maintenance too ? Cause i could noot log in for 30 minutes, sunday too, almost all day it was down.

Well, it was a bit more problematic than they were expecting it to be.

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 02 July 2018

OttoniBastos said:
I just hope the mods from there don't try to become mods here.

This!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

OttoniBastos said:

They'd have to go through the same process as anyone else applying for mod here, so I assume that won't be an issue.

VGPolyglot said:
OttoniBastos said:

They'd have to go through the same process as anyone else applying for mod here, so I assume that won't be an issue.

Yeah the "do you like games" bit should weed them out quite easilly.