By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Oddessy+Switch Sales Prediction: NPD

Switch: 475k

Mario: 950k

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

People are being insane with Mario Odyssey.
Remember we talk about one week, and the game will have legs in November/December.

Unless you expect 20-25 million lifetime, launch numbers won't be THAT impressive (>1m).

Also 500-600k for Switch is pretty bold too, but i guess everyone predict what they want, we'll see i guess.

350k for Switch
800k for Mario

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Ryng_Tolu said:

Remember we talk about one week, and the game will have legs in November/December.

Unless you expect 20-25 million lifetime, launch numbers won't be THAT impressive (>1m).

Also 500-600k for Switch is pretty bold too, but i guess everyone predict what they want, we'll see i guess.

Do you have zelda numbers for comparison? I kno botw was an entire month but still. YSO in japan even has smo being predicted higher than normal..... The hype with switch hype is higher than ever imo

So are we talking October NPD numbers? Odyssey will have been out four days I assume for those if they are being done monthly?

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:

Well Mario Kart 8 Deluxe open at 550k in 3 days with switch around 1.18 Million units sold  By the time Odyssey out on the market Switch is probably sitting at 2.3 - 2. 6 Million units and if Odyssey has similar opening attach rate as MK8D and it's not imposible to open above 900k and 1 Million mark combined with SMO switch bundle something that both MK8D and BOTW didn't have when their launch on the market..

I predict Odyssey to open exactly like Splatoon 2 in Japan with Bundle+Physical+Digital with nearly 50 percent LTD of switch hardware in the opening week.

Switch - 450k and Odyssey - 1.1 Million units

Well since it is being released at the very end the of the month then I'll go for 500k for Mario.

SMO - 800k
Switch - 450k

SMO - 550k
Switch - 400k

SMO - 700k
Switch - 350k