By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - NeoGAF in shambles (now back, no OT discussion, statement from Evilore)

Jeez, if you take a look at all the pervs being exposed between Hollywood and the online SJW crowd recently, it seems like these two groups are bigger threats to women than the Catholic Church is to little boys these days.

What's that old saying about stones and glass houses again?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

Neogaf and all this hubbub surrounding it is also a good indicator of how fundamentally shitty gaming nowadays is.

Hunting Season is done...

UltimateGamer1982 said:
StarOcean said:
Any GAFers actually come here or no?

I’m a GAFer. But was here before gaf and n4g before here.

Likewise. Me is was more like FAQs then n4g then Chartz, then Gaf, then twitter/YouTube, in that order.

Hedra42 said:

Whether resetera will result in a sorting of the wheat from the chaff in terms of where the most toxic members go remains to be seen. I wonder if mentioning the new site on gaf will have the same consequences as mentioning vgc. And vice versa.

I think everything we hate about gaf is going to resetera, could be its downfall.

Zoombael said:
Neogaf and all this hubbub surrounding it is also a good indicator of how fundamentally shitty gaming nowadays is.

It truly is. Nothing like when I was young. 

Around the Network
Zoombael said:

what do you mean?

NewGuy said:
Neogaf is not gonna be the same. This resetera forum is not going to be as big as neogaf. They are going to be just as left leaning, if not more so, than the old neogaf. A lot of people put up with that on gaf because they were already members or that's where everyone was. Not a lot of people are going to want to put up with it on a new forum, regarldess they got some good posters there as admins and mods.

Admins:

Cerium
Emily Rogers
Methuselah
Nibel
Shinobi602
Sirpopopop
Sweet Nicole
ZhugeEX

Moderators:

Ana
Brazil
BronsonLee
Cheesemeister
Durante
Hecht
Kagari
kristoffer
kswiston
Kyonashi
Matt
MaverickHunterAsh
MiraculousSwidge
Morrigan
RASCAL
Rowlf
Royalan
Imran (ShockingAlberto)
Slayven
Spider
Steve
Supernorn
Sylverstone

I think Shinobi is good too, but I don't know if he's too political or not. Cheesemeister as well. A lot of the other ones I don't know (i.e Steve) or are okayish/whatever (i.e. Kagari)

hahahaha a lot of those people are the extreme social justice warriors who made GAF so unappealing to new members and anyone who didn't agree with them before....

I am at a loss at this point what Reset is supposed to be accomplishing in difference of GAF. Is literally the only commonality and new thing supposed to be a united hatred of the GAF owner, who recently has been simply accused of an awkward drunken shower scenario?

I said this in another thread but based on the aggressive sensitive departures on GAF (all of the "Heres a thread about why GAF is gross, ban me!" and the timing with this recent accustation.... I can't help but think this is more of an excuse to create ResetEra by a group of former GAF members who have been talking amongst themselves for a long while about making a new forum that they would potentially control and even own.

because there is really no other logical reason recently. Nothing has been substantiated about the GAF owner, and in the end msot websites people use they don't know shit about the owners. No one will have any idea if the mods/admins/owners of ResetEra are angels or devils in their personal lives. And in the end people post on forums for the discussion, not because they're in love with or in favor of some distant vague owner.

GAF (in terms of points of criticism / drama) seems virtually the exact same as it did a week ago. The fact that all it took was a vague accusation about an awkward drunken shower (or near shower) is asinine. 

If anything GAF looks like it could be potentially better if they really are going to go in the direction away from constant politics and witchhunting. GAF has been awful in recent years because every other thread seems to have an agenda to attack someone over something small, and new posters who didn't act as yes-man to extreme liberal leaning philosophies often got bans. All one can hope for is more balance on GAF in terms of moderation.

in the end the fact that GAF is in 'shambles' to some and has the same people leaving dramatically spamming threads of "BAN ME I HATE YOU" , sort of suggests to me that the dissenting group is possiblyyyyyyy not the most level headed and objective. They seem like they were waiting for something to get angry and be sensitive about. Just saying. 

and again, I say that because literally nothing concrete surfaced that changed anything much about the site. If someone didn't know better, a group of dead bodies was found in the GAF owners basement or something, based on how some people have reacted. 

Zoombael said:

not gaming, but possibly the online communities and the media who perpetuate drama and focus on 'hot topics'. To be fair VGchartz doesn't seem to be all about drama, obvs there are smaller forums that are a bit more focused on just sharing thoughts on gaming 

Here's YongYea's third video on GAF's meltdown and I think this is his best one.

TL;DW - Tyler Malka is a moron that tends to break his own forum's rules because people dared to criticize his behavior and statement, like how a dictator censors opinions that do not put him/her in a positive light. It does not matter whether the criticisms are expressed civilly or rudely. He'll delete them and/or ban the critics with little regard of nuance.