By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - NeoGAF in shambles (now back, no OT discussion, statement from Evilore)

Here is a well informed summary of all what we know so far what happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgYXXVzz7UQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7htItegBy0

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
monocle_layton said:

I feel annoyed by how often you assume the worst out of people and create rather questionable generalizations. Just because some vocal male feminists are pieces of garbage, doesn't mean the majority are secret rapists.

It's truly ridiculous to think anyone who is a vocal male feminist is just seeking to take advantage. How anyone generates these concepts is beyond me.

They think the gov is turning frogs gay and Michelle Obama is a dude. Of course their conspiracy loving asses are going to think anyone showing human decency is taking advantage of someone else. Let them drink, in gallons, the cum of their lord and savior, Alex Jones. 

so why do male feminists keep getting outed as sexual harassers and rapists?

types of people that are the complete opposite of their stated aims?

i think the idea here is that when you are faced with someone that clearly is pushing an irrational ideology for personal gain then they are clearly an unscrupulous person

and this is just the tip of the iceburg,  many many more skeletons are going to be dragged out of the closet because a machine has been created that needs to be fed constantly

o_O.Q said:
StarOcean said:

They think the gov is turning frogs gay and Michelle Obama is a dude. Of course their conspiracy loving asses are going to think anyone showing human decency is taking advantage of someone else. Let them drink, in gallons, the cum of their lord and savior, Alex Jones. 

i think the idea here is that when you are faced with someone that clearly is pushing an irrational ideology for personal gain then they are clearly an unscrupulous person

and this is just the tip of the iceburg

How is feminism an irrational ideology? Is it wrong to oppose sexism?

o_O.Q said:
StarOcean said:

negativity reaches the spotlight - simple as that. How the fuck is feminism an irrational ideology? There are millions of men who are feminists. Feminism simply means you believe women should gain equal rights.

How is that a fucking irrational ideology? Are you against the idea of women having equal rights? 

Hasn't it always been a shambles? Some of the discussion was interesting, but for the most part, it's a toxic wasteland of trolls , "First post nailed it"s and general circle-jerk. It was a bloody circus at times. There were some good posters sure, but you had to trawl through the shit to find the good.

Well I guess at least it had a mobile friendly site. Is Vgchartz ever getting out of this white and green we've been in since the better part of a decade?

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
J.Wynne said:

Yeah that sounds legit. Doesn't everyone assume that drunken vomitting is a sign she's into it? I mean the only natural progression from there is to silently strip butt naked and slip into her shower.

The guy is a serial predator, and gaf stayed quiet because they were cowards afraid of a banhammer.

Let me get this straight. He was flirting with a woman who was drinking and he thought he could get a shower with her? Did he physically assault her?

What are the second allegations about?

I'm pretty sure the shower thing speaks for itself.

The second allegations are about how he blogged about his trip through Europe, and how he himself bragged that when a woman asked for a drink, he grabbed her ass hard to establish dominance. When he got called out for it he began to backstep and throw out bans. After the admins left and Evilore went into hiding, gaffers came out and admitted they never agreed with how the site was run or evilore's actions, but they went along with it because they were afraid of bans.

Gaming content for gamers, by gamers. It's just common sense.

monocle_layton said:
o_O.Q said:

negativity reaches the spotlight - simple as that. How the fuck is feminism an irrational ideology? There are millions of men who are feminists. Feminism simply means you believe women should gain equal rights.

How is that a fucking irrational ideology? Are you against the idea of women having equal rights? 

because feminism has become primarily based on the idea that equality of outcomes can be achieved between men and women... which is asinine

"Feminism simply means you believe women should gain equal rights."

what rights do men have that women lack?

"negativity reaches the spotlight - simple as that"

well... as i've said we're just getting started

It's not loading at all for me. I hope it gets archived or something. There are some really informative and useful threads on that site. I liked reading the site if/when stumbling upon it form Google, had some thoughtful, productive discussion on some topics. I do wonder how a casual gaming website becomes such an extremely partisan, politically-oriented one. I was not a fan of OT leaking into Gaming Discussion at times.

Welp. Them the brakes. I'll definitely miss the BCT despite the fact we were always getting shit on by Mods but, it was nice having a spot where I could speak with well informed-diverse-culturally aware- Black people. On the internet.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

J.Wynne said:
Aeolus451 said:

Let me get this straight. He was flirting with a woman who was drinking and he thought he could get a shower with her? Did he physically assault her?

What are the second allegations about?

I'm pretty sure the shower thing speaks for itself.

The second allegations are about how he blogged about his trip through Europe, and how he himself bragged that when a woman asked for a drink, he grabbed her ass hard to establish dominance. When he got called out for it he began to backstep and throw out bans. After the admins left and Evilore went into hiding, gaffers came out and admitted they never agreed with how the site was run or evilore's actions, but they went along with it because they were afraid of bans.

Hmm. I'm all over the place on this in terms of what I think of this. I don't like this guy from a political stand point in general. The allegations aren't that bad in and of themselves in all honesty, it's his response to them that's the worst part about this in my opinion. I think people's reaction to this in general is a little on the hysterical side.