By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 "Newton" motion controller confirmed

.....the controller is called the "Newton."
Wow, I don't how to comment on that.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

Around the Network

SONY AGENTS I WISH SOME DAY YOU BUY 360 2. Meet me on live!!!!

These people who dont like motion controls and seem to think that even having the option to have them spoils a game annoy me !.
Thumbstick units on the 360 and PS3 have nothing on a mouse for FPS games.
Using thumbsticks for many games is like telling someone to run while wearing shackles and dragging a log !. In my opinion most games on PS3 and X360 are nearly unplayable due to pathetic thumbstick controllers provided - give me a mouse, a light gun, real joystick, a wheel or motion anytime.
The Top PS3 game ever is Motorstorm (sales of over 3 million). It has sold more PS3 consoles than any other game - It allows motion steering and Motorstorm2 is the only game i consider worth buying this year.
Mario Cart will outsell every other racing game on every other console not least because it allows motion steering - this is the only way to play for many new console owners.
MS have finally started listening now that the Wii is reaching for 50% market share this year.
If you dont want motion as an option get a PS2, dont buy a newton and quit complaining.

PS3 number 1 fan

NJ5 said:

Does Microsoft really have to jump on the motion sensing bandwagon, especially seeing as Sony tacked it on their controller without any great results? I think they should have waited until the next generation to implement this properly, rather than having these knee-jerk reactions to Wii's innovation.

I agree. Learn from the mistakes of others.

Btw, I wish MS would start to innovate the market, not just follow it.

The Mario-like mascot is next. This smells of panic.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

Why shouldn't MS come out with motion controls? Nintendo did it, Sony did it and now MS are doing it. Big deal. If you want it buy it, if you don't well... then don't. This could really work out for MS. A good design that works + bundled with some big releases is a winning stratgey. Hardcore gaming is hardly going to be effected by the launch of this.

Quite alot of people are predicting falling sales next year. MS are running outta hardcore gamers and possibly they know it. The obvious move is towards the casuals. Personnally I hope it succeds. Love RTS games + the new remote = win

stephen700 said:

Well one example where Both sony and Nintendo have let down fans is the Use of sword style play in games, no attempt so far has really been any good.

Many motion sensing games on PS3 (not all) seem to be plagued with lag issues - not sure if the Wii has the same problem though they both use similar MEMS XYZ inertia sensors.

And the claim people make about 2 handed controller (ie sixaxis or this newton) being bad for motion is wrong -> Nintendo sells sells a steering wheel attach for the WiiMote so you can use it with 2 hands like the sixaxis ! It's really good for steering and flying games.

Also shooting games or aiming type games most people play 2 handed since it's steadier and greater controll of aim 2 handles is an advantage for pointing and aiming. !

Golf club , hockey stick ,tennis racket (sometimes), medieval weapons (axes , heavy swords , mace), and practically any heavy item are gripped with 2 hands so again not a problem.

Yes there are also cases where 1 hand is better too but since the majority of games involve steering or pointing operations the majority work fine if not better with a 2 handed grip.

Sounds like you've really convinced yourself of this. 

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

MS was smart to wait to copy Nintendo unlike Sony who copy it right away and had a crappy product the real question is ( if it true) is if it going to work gow 2

Locking for thread necros. People don't raise up 2 week old threads.