By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 "Newton" motion controller confirmed

Riot Of The Blood said:
Hmm...

I will quit console gaming if motion controls become the standard. Unlike most, I not stupid enough to fall for all of this so-called innovation that does almost nothing to improve gaming.

Well Riot you are most likely going to have to quite because next gen EVERY system will include motion sensing and a pointer of some kind. Do not fret though as I ma sure tehy will try to keep the same number of buttons and the analof sticks. Controllers change and last gen the change was minimal.

Around the Network

I want see more in-cockpit, ship-steering games w/ Sony's controllers. I'd love to pilot an X-Wing fighter with it...

No kidding... The one thing that the bloody fuckin' controller is good at rarely gets used by developers.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

probably a decent move by microsoft but now they just look like... and are leachers.

rocketpig said:
I want see more in-cockpit, ship-steering games w/ Sony's controllers. I'd love to pilot an X-Wing fighter with it...

No kidding... The one thing that the bloody fuckin' controller is good at rarely gets used by developers.

Gametrailers has announcements on an upcoming Star Wars game on GTTV on Friday night. Oh how great it would be if its tied to this.

DKII said:
There are, unfortunately, a lot of reasons to believe this to be true at this stage. There are just as many reasons why this will fail to gain any kind of traction. And on top of that it'll probably just alienate their current hardcore userbase.

So, if MS alienates the hardcore userbase, what do they do:  buy PS3's?  not humanly possible.  Buy PC's?  MS sells "games for Windows" and still gets a slice of the casual market with the new controller and games (not sure how big though.)

Hardcore 360 owners may grumble, but will never abandon MS (hey, if RRoD couldn't cause it, nothing can!) 

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:
Hmm...

I will quit console gaming if motion controls become the standard. Unlike most, I not stupid enough to fall for all of this so-called innovation that does almost nothing to improve gaming.

Quit message boards while you are it it too!

(of course, only if 'motion controls become standard')

{grin} 

Riot Of The Blood said:
Hmm...

I'm really glad hardware developers don't have your mindset, or we'd still be using atari-like controllers.

Even though this post is full of Microsoft jibs, I honestly don't think you guys or the internet in general, have been hard enough on Microsoft, for ripping off another gaming company when they realize they can't beat it, as they stand now.

What a desperate, pathetic, horrid, and morbid idea for Microsoft to actually make a Wii-mote for the 360, I don't care if it shoots lasers, if it's similar in ANY way, and is a "new remote" it's a ripoff, trying to catch the Wii wave of popularity, and its certainly a desperation move.

IF it's true, I'm never gonna be able to stop mocking the Xbox 360.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Riot Of The Blood said:
Hmm...

/bites 

Don't call others stupid, Riot. Just because we disagree with your personal tastes. I'd point to Resident Evil 4, No More Heroes, and Metroid Prime 3 as 3 games I played on the Wii that were improved by the motion controls.

As far as IR, well it's simple. All systems should have used IR through time, its definately the most important innovation, and being able to simply point at the screen to access your menu is far and away better than the old analog sticks.

...and if you quit console gaming, you will be a n00b, who decided to skip the one great passtime, because you were stubborn, jaded, and vindictive.

Just because something isn't "the best" doesn't mean it isn't fun. Don't be so comparitive, and enjoy life.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

So sad Microsoft has no dignity left...
We could at least have respected them as the pioneers of HD...
That's why I don't like them, they're like a big bully who picks on small kids, but whores himself for some bucks...

Listen to the voice of reason, then do as I say.