By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shin Megami Tensei V for Switch officially announced, New Trailer.

Shaunodon said:

Was there any actual hints from Atlus this might be on PS4?

I kind of assumed being revealed at Nintendo's E3 conference, that it would be exclusive until told otherwise. Yet some people were very much convinced of multi-plat release.

Did I miss something?

Not really. One thing I've been noticing however since the Switch launch and that I think people should stop automatically assuming is that because Switch games are easier to port to PS4 than 3DS or Wii U games were because of hardware or control differences, that traditionally Nintendo exclusive titles are going to be coming to PS4 now. It's certainly still no guarantee. Every console has 3rd party exclusives and the Switch will be no exception, that's obvious, and especially from Japanese devs.

Around the Network

It was called Shin Megami Tensei HD Project during the reveal while another Shin Megami Tensei game was called 3DS Project so people thought it might include HD consoles besides the Switch if it was called that and not a Switch project

Best rpg series ever. Day 1.

Hi

Green098 said:
Shaunodon said:

I kind of assumed being revealed at Nintendo's E3 conference, that it would be exclusive until told otherwise. Yet some people were very much convinced of multi-plat release.

Did I miss something?

Not really. One thing I've been noticing however since the Switch launch and that I think people should stop automatically assuming is that because Switch games are easier to port to PS4 than 3DS or Wii U games were because of hardware or control differences, that traditionally Nintendo exlusive titles are going to be coming to PS4 now. It's certainly still no guarantee. Every console has 3rd party exclusives and the Switch will be no exception, that's obvious, and especially from Japanese devs.

Just yesterday I saw some talk about Inazuma eleven being also on the ps4, that the publishing deal Nintendo and level-5 is over. YW would be next they said. I don't believe it personally. 

Looking forward to it, hopefully more like Nocturne than Apocalypse.

(Can you let me play as a girl this time Atlus?)

Around the Network

I´m not familiar with these games, so what´s the main difference between the SMT and Persona series?...are they related in any way?

caffeinade said:
Looks more advanced than Persona 5

what do you mean?

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

DeuceGamer said:
killeryoshis said:
So I think this confirms that we will not get a mainline Persona ever on a Nintendo system.

Anyway I am going to assume we are not getting this game until 2019 in the West. Also does anyone have a translated trailer for this game. I have no idea what I am reading.

Just curious, but why do you think there will never be a mainline Persona game on a Nintendo system? I mean, it's obvious they want to remain on Sony systems but I could see them bringing a Persona 5 Golden to Switch at some point and even if not I don't see why they wouldn't consider future entries for multiplat, or ports. 

Golden?? GOLDEN?? Come on man we've been calling it Crimson since before Persona 5 even released -_-

Green098 said:
Shaunodon said:

Did I miss something?

Not really. One thing I've been noticing however since the Switch launch and that I think people should stop automatically assuming is that because Switch games are easier to port to PS4 than 3DS or Wii U games were because of hardware or control differences, that traditionally Nintendo exclusive titles are going to be coming to PS4 now. It's certainly still no guarantee. Every console has 3rd party exclusives and the Switch will be no exception, that's obvious, and especially from Japanese devs.

Since the Switch has launched it has seemed to go opposite though. I'm not recalling any games being ported to PS4, yet every week it seems we hear 2-3 games being ported over to Switch.

The only game Nintendo has seemingly lost has been Monster Hunter World. But that, like many other games people are almost in complete agreement that is will come to Switch sooner or later.

JamesGarret said:
I´m not familiar with these games, so what´s the main difference between the SMT and Persona series?...are they related in any way?

Only played like 10 hours or so into SMT IV so not the best source, but I would escplain the game as such.

Persona esque story mixed with Pokemon style gameplay. Then mix in like Dragonball Doukan fusion/level up system for each of those said pocket monsters you get.