By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shin Megami Tensei V for Switch officially announced, New Trailer.

So glad that the Switch is getting all these great RPG's. I'd still love a Persona 5 port as I haven't had a chance to finish it on PS4 and it just seems like a perfect fit for a handheld.

Around the Network

Tentative Title:

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona ~Shin Megami Tensei~

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

twintail said:
OTBWY said:

Too bad, Switch exclusive: 

*shrugs*

if it doesnt come to PS4 then it doesnt come. 

I hope that both franchises, Persona and SMT, become multiplat so that more people can enjoy it. For now, if you want to play it, get a Switch.

So I think this confirms that we will not get a mainline Persona ever on a Nintendo system.

Anyway I am going to assume we are not getting this game until 2019 in the West. Also does anyone have a translated trailer for this game. I have no idea what I am reading.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Need to wait for combat. If the presentation is as minimal as the other games, I will skip it.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

I'll be getting this for sure.

twintail said:
irstupid said:

To those wishing ps4. I'm not sure how well these games are fit for console. So much tedious grinding stuff that you will definitely want the portable aspect.

Because you can play the entire mainline series (except 4 and now 5 it seems) and a few of the spinoffs on PS consoles?

The entire mainline series except for 3 is Nintendo exclusive

twintail said:

Hopefully PS4 announcement.
And more like SMT 3... Back to 3D view combat

Traditionally SMT is more if a Nintendo series, like Persona, is Sony. I wouldn't hold your breath.

killeryoshis said:
So I think this confirms that we will not get a mainline Persona ever on a Nintendo system.

Anyway I am going to assume we are not getting this game until 2019 in the West. Also does anyone have a translated trailer for this game. I have no idea what I am reading.

Just curious, but why do you think there will never be a mainline Persona game on a Nintendo system? I mean, it's obvious they want to remain on Sony systems but I could see them bringing a Persona 5 Golden to Switch at some point and even if not I don't see why they wouldn't consider future entries for multiplat, or ports.