By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Shin Megami Tensei V for Switch officially announced, New Trailer.

Really waiting for a PS4 bearsion for 2 reasons SMT V on PS4 could mean P5 on Switch and a matter of more importance Atlus need better sales moreover when this must be oen of the most expensive game they´ve done along side P5(which probably is a lot more cause those develeopment years) and SMT sales never were the best.

In the other hand talking about sales i see why this is (at the time?) a Switch exclusive...

https://i.imgur.com/ntU0bde.jpg" border="0">

Look that numbers. From the top 3 SMT(not persona) best sellers 2 are for the 3ds and actually the other ones for that console didnt do that bad. And that don´t count digital sales which should put the numbers a little bit up considering that europe which never was a big market for SMT titles never received SMTIV and SMTIV had received a bunch of times disccount in the eshop. Another fact is that P5 doing well on the PS4 doesnt translate on good numbers for a already niche game cause P5 which did well dont have the SMT title so that sales come from new people in the series who probably dont know its origins and the fact that probably all those 3DS niche users are going in the way of the Switch. So from a business point of view it isnt that impressive that there isnt a ps4 bearsion however i actually think launching this on the PS4 could make more sales for the sake of everybody.

solo se hablar español

Around the Network

Well, now I have to own a Switch. My second fave RPG series only behind Dragon Quest

Not sure if I'll get this. Wasn't the biggest fan of 4, which is the only one I have played.

I think it was the story/setting though that set me off four so much though, and just from this trailer I'm more intrigued. I like the persona/SMTxFE setting. The school I guess setting present time versus that samurai old world setting 4 had.

To those wishing ps4. I'm not sure how well these games are fit for console. So much tedious grinding stuff that you will definitely want the portable aspect.

It's interesting that they keep this series as Nintendo-exclusive and Persona as PlayStation-exclusive.

Praise the sun almighty this is not Persona. This is something to actually look forward to.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

Good, but I still want Tokyo Mirage 2

Click HERE and be happy 

Time to move thread to Nintendo discussion

Click HERE and be happy 

irstupid said:
Not sure if I'll get this. Wasn't the biggest fan of 4, which is the only one I have played.

I think it was the story/setting though that set me off four so much though, and just from this trailer I'm more intrigued. I like the persona/SMTxFE setting. The school I guess setting present time versus that samurai old world setting 4 had.

To those wishing ps4. I'm not sure how well these games are fit for console. So much tedious grinding stuff that you will definitely want the portable aspect.

Well, it didnt stop Persona 5 from being a sales and critic success.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

That will be a nice 3rd party exclusive for Switch, to be fair it needed some. I'm going to get this (will be my first SMT game too).

Great. It was a short trailer but I love the idea of a new, traditional SMT game.

While I´m having fun with TMS:FE and Persona 5, I do prefer the darkest, gory  approach of traditional SMT games, with those interesting demon negotiation and demon  fusion mechanics and, of course, the conflict between law and chaos.