By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump disrespecting a fallen soldier

Serious_frusting said:
Bandorr said:

Then he should be admitting to the statement no? As opposed to calling everyone involved liars? By claiming to have proof he DIDN'T say that?

Well that's on him for not standing by his original statement. However it does not change the fact that what he said is common sense. He supposedly also said it is a shame when it happens so it's not like he was trying to be mean. 

Its just another situation where this is not Trump strong suit and he probably be best to let people who have a better understanding of these type of situations to provide material.  No one needs to be told the obvious and the person who lost their family member probably do not want to hear those words.  When all is said and done, none of this would have developed if he did not feel he had to lie.  Nothing gained by suggesting the wife is lying about the call and it just looks even worst when you say you have proof but then no proof.  It would have been best if he stated he is sorry his words effected her this way and moved on but instead Trump always have to double down.  He never makes mistakes, he never apologizes and thus having an opportunity to salvage the situation he does when he does best lie more.  This is a huge character flaw in Trump which continues to make it hard to ever believe a word that comes out of his mouth.  How do you think people under him feels, other politicians and world leaders.

Around the Network

Donald Trump has been shitting on every single citizen on this earth since he became President, that already included that particular soldier. Why make redundant posts?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
WagnerPaiva said:
LOL, now, all of sudden, leftists are worried about soldiers. We kinda needed you guys in Benghazi.

The greatest fallacy in American history is that conservatives are the only people who cares about the armed forces.

That's not true. The greatest fallacy in American History is that Eddie Vedder was a good singer. 

spurgeonryan said:
But who here in this thread complaining about what he said have actually been to war, let alone been in the military or even has a close acquaintance or relative in the military?

Your appalled because you were programmed to be, but is what he said truly that horrible or just taken out of context?

Is that a requirement to think what he said is shitty?

Alright fine, my parents were both in the military and I group up on military bases. What Trump said was pretty fucking horrible.

Zkuq said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Well to be fair he kind of DID know what he signed up for

Kind of. I read the chance to die if you get sent to a combat zone is like 1 in 5000, so at the same time, you kind of don't expect to die although it's always possible.

How do you think a grieivng woman in almost any family wouldve responded to trump? She already knows what he signed up for and that he was fully aware, hence why he left for duty. Im sure as a husband he prepared her for it too. The fact that trump has to guess that it hurts any way....sounds mildly.....you know what....just saying it hurts my soul. 

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
But who here in this thread complaining about what he said have actually been to war, let alone been in the military or even has a close acquaintance or relative in the military?

Your appalled because you were programmed to be, but is what he said truly that horrible or just taken out of context?

This guy. 

Here is a video of Chief of Staff John Kelly and his criticism of Representative Frederica Wilson for politicising the phone call:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACMWc5-VUiI

And here is Representative Frederica Wilson's reaction:

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

spurgeonryan said:

Its not a question of if anyone has gone to war because he is not talki ng to a soldier he is talking to a Widow.  No matter how you try to normalize what he said, when it was reported that what he said caused the widow to cry and feel hurt by his words, he should have immediately apologize and stated his intent was not to hurt her.  Instead he stated its not what he said and stated he had proof.  Basically he looks like a clown because as always he can never just apologize and move on but he has to suggest the widow was lying and then when its time to prove it, as he has done many times, he has nothing.

The bigger issue as alway is how he handle these type of sitatuion not always what he says.

TheWPCTraveler said:

Here is a video of Chief of Staff John Kelly and his criticism of Representative Frederica Wilson for politicising the phone call:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACMWc5-VUiI

And here is Representative Frederica Wilson's reaction:

First we should consider who put Kelly into the mix in the first place.  Who was it that actually tried to make calling family members about themselves.  Who also was it when they could have just apologize to the widow and tried to make it sound like she lied.  I have nothing against Kelly but he did try to make his boss look good in this mess caused by his boss.  He pretty much tried to say everyone is bad for making it political forgetting the person who started it all and made it political was his boss.  So yeah, she probably had every right to laugh because I know I would.

Not sure i fully understand this, to me this doesnt sound as out of line as other things he said. A better choice of words would ve been appropriate but relatively harmless. 

One of those scratch the record moments when he told hurricane victims "...you've thrown our budget a little out of whack..."

Hunting Season is done...