By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump disrespecting a fallen soldier

deskpro2k3 said:
DarthVolod said:

So we don't have an actual recording or anything? Just hearsay from someone who despises Trump? 

Sounds like fake news to me until someone produces a recording...

joking right? If you want video or audio recording than why does Trump and his staff have to do damage controll over what he said?

If someone is calling you out for something typically the natural reaction is to make some sort of response. Was Trump just supposed to pretend no one was talking about this and say nothing? 

I'm just saying produce a recording, and then we can judge the content of it. Hearsay froms someone that hates Trump as her default position isn't exactly convincing.

Around the Network

Well considering Trump has shown complete disrespect to soldiers and veterans like John McCain or Captain Khan in the past this sadly doesn't surprise me.

Thought this might be an interesting article for those interested mainly because it includes a video with the widow talking about the call and how it upset her.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/10/24/00/56/fallen-soldier-s-widow-says-she-has-nothing-to-say-to-trump

DarthVolod said:

So we don't have an actual recording or anything? Just hearsay from someone who despises Trump? 

Sounds like fake news to me until someone produces a recording...

If there is any recording. From either side, that would be illegal. 

Quote mine is what this seems like.

DarthVolod said:
deskpro2k3 said:

joking right? If you want video or audio recording than why does Trump and his staff have to do damage controll over what he said?

If someone is calling you out for something typically the natural reaction is to make some sort of response. Was Trump just supposed to pretend no one was talking about this and say nothing? 

I'm just saying produce a recording, and then we can judge the content of it. Hearsay froms someone that hates Trump as her default position isn't exactly convincing.

You know, he could just say something like "I didn't mean to sound insensitive etc etc it was a poor choice of words etc etc" and it would've been done with. Instead he makes the matter worse.

There was 5 other people in the car with Army Sgt. La David Johnson's widow while Trump was speaking with her on the phone, and John Kelly was right next to Trump as he made the call. So I dunno what proof you're looking for, and If he is innocent then why is he so god damn defensive?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network

Well his approval rating just dropped again, to 34%.

deskpro2k3 said:
DarthVolod said:

You know, he could just say something like "I didn't mean to sound insensitive etc etc it was a poor choice of words etc etc" and it would've been done with. Instead he makes the matter worse.

There was 5 other people in the car with Army Sgt. La David Johnson's widow while Trump was speaking with her on the phone, and John Kelly was right next to Trump as he made the call. So I dunno what proof you're looking for, and If he is innocent then why is he so god damn defensive?

So far as I could tell, no one came out directly and said that was the exact quote. I looked through different websites that had different spins on John Kelly's defense of Trump and it doesn't seem to say one way or another if Trump actually said that. Kelly also said he more or less coached Trump on how to do the call so if it was said it was Kelly's words filtered through Trump. 

If he did actually say it, then it sounds as though it was a fumbling of words and the actual intent was just to offer sympathy. I sincerely doubt that Trump was casually dismissing this guy's death. This was more or less a call of obligation, and Trump was just having Kelly help him through it.

I'm just pointing out we can not be 100% sure, and it seems like a cheap shot by Wilson. Does she want us to believe that Trump hates the military or something? Got to do better than this, where is Trump's Benghazi moment?

There's a lot that I don't like about Trump, but I feel that far too much attention is given to the occasional faux-pas he might make. There's sufficient material to criticize in his policy, do that instead. These incidents are pretty irrelevant to the validation of his position as president of the United States.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

FIT_Gamer said:
Well his approval rating just dropped again, to 34%.

Damn, it's that high?

OT: people saying his statement is true doesn't justify it. We know soldiers are signing up knowing they'll die. However, it's disrespectful, especially from the fucking president. Would you tell the parents of a kid who passed away with stage cancer that they should've realized he was gonna die?

Because a piece of fabric with a pattern that people will print even on napkins and underwear is more important than the lives of people the US sends abroad to die, lose body parts or return with unbearable PTSD so they can keep their geopolitical position.