By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What happened to my accuracy?? I play on PS4

ohmylanta1003 said:
The aim assist in Overwatch is probably not as generous as it was in MW.

Well there goes my laurels

Around the Network

I was thinking the same thing about me until I heard about input lag. When I got my ks8000 and played it on game mode, my aiming improved dramatically

AlfredoTurkey said:
ChaosReich said:

I was hoping it wouldnt be that cause that leaves me with few options, oh well guess ill embrace the sinility.

Don't listen to them. Studies have shown that the human brain compensates for any loss of reaction time due to aging by applying experience in it's place. I'm old as shit and my K/D ratio is in the top 75% on COD because I out think people while playing. 

So now you shoot people in the back? :p

I'm 43 now, lost interest in competitive fps a long time ago so not sure how my reaction times would be, probably not good. I used to kill it at Half life death match and Unreal tournament in my early twenties, then never really got used to a controller for fps.

Racing is still fine, yet that's not so much reaction time as planning ahead. Although perhaps that is why the AI had so much luck spinning me out :/

Anyway as others have said, check display lag. (If you have trackmania turbo, there is a test mode in there that will show you the input lag by letting you press a button 5 times from a screen prompt) Connect direct to tv (amplifiers add lag), game mode, no fluff enabled.
Sit closer, less travel time fot the light to reach you. Jk, but the bigger fov helps with aiming.
Check your ping time. Does Overwatch use a server? What is you ping time to the server location? If it's peer to peer, perhaps you used to be the host in CoD, yet now Overwatch favors others?

SvennoJ said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Don't listen to them. Studies have shown that the human brain compensates for any loss of reaction time due to aging by applying experience in it's place. I'm old as shit and my K/D ratio is in the top 75% on COD because I out think people while playing. 

I'm 43 now, lost interest in competitive fps a long time ago so not sure how my reaction times would be, probably not good. I used to kill it at Half life death match and Unreal tournament in my early twenties, then never really got used to a controller for fps.

Racing is still fine, yet that's not so much reaction time as planning ahead. Although perhaps that is why the AI had so much luck spinning me out :/

Anyway as others have said, check display lag. (If you have trackmania turbo, there is a test mode in there that will show you the input lag by letting you press a button 5 times from a screen prompt) Connect direct to tv (amplifiers add lag), game mode, no fluff enabled.
Sit closer, less travel time fot the light to reach you. Jk, but the bigger fov helps with aiming.
Check your ping time. Does Overwatch use a server? What is you ping time to the server location? If it's peer to peer, perhaps you used to be the host in CoD, yet now Overwatch favors others?

Ive got an LG plasma tv and i play Overwatch on PS4 not pc. How do i check for this lag you speak of

As has been pointed out, it could be your TV.

Realistically, though, I would just play shooters and point-and-click strategy/adventure on PC. It's just about the only thing that KB/M is fluidly good at, so why not utilize it?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

Hit the gym. Lift weights with your eyeballs.

Azuren said:
As has been pointed out, it could be your TV.

Realistically, though, I would just play shooters and point-and-click strategy/adventure on PC. It's just about the only thing that KB/M is fluidly good at, so why not utilize it?

Gyro-aiming is pretty dope though. Hope the industry embraces it.

ChaosReich said:
SvennoJ said:

Ive got an LG plasma tv and i play Overwatch on PS4 not pc. How do i check for this lag you speak of

You can check the lag for your tv and input mode here
http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg

Or you can use the lag test option in Trackmania turbo to confirm how much lag you have.

To check you internet lag use http://deepfocus.io/overwatch_ping.php

SvennoJ said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

It's all about memorizing maps, player patterns and behavior. I'd say 80% of players do the same things during the same senarios. Once you memorize these things, no reflex will be able to compete. 

Having said that, at 43, you should still be able to compete reflex wise if you want it bad enough. This isn't a real sport. The body breaks down before the mind and video games only use the mind. 

ChaosReich said:
Teeqoz said:
Reaction time slows down with age :-3

I was hoping it wouldnt be that cause that leaves me with few options, oh well guess ill embrace the sinility.

Get an eye exam as well. I know my vision is waning and I am noticeably worse at twitch shooters than I once was as a result. Half the time I'm sitting there wondering why none of my shots are hitting when it appears that I'm dead on - I watch a replay of what just transpired and sure enough I'm off to the right or the left completely oblivious. Some day I'll succumb to corrective vision aids, but not today.