By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What happened to my accuracy?? I play on PS4

AlfredoTurkey said:
Teeqoz said:

You need to react to know which buttons to press. You don't just continously mash buttons. And reaction time does get slower as you age, so you are at a definite disadvantage the older you are. Experience can compensate for that to a certain degree, but in the end, you still can't react as quick as you used to, and that won't change despite your experience.

There was a comprehensive study done on this where they took both groups, young and old and compared their reflexes. It showed that yes, young players were faster but it also showed that in the end, it didn't give them an advantage because the older players were more experienced. There was literally ZERO advantage. So, it really doesn't matter.

The reflex thing is WAY overblown. If a 40 year old MLB player can hit a 98 mph fast ball from just 60 feet away, I think a 30 year old can play twitch shooters just fine.

He said his aim was worse. Aim isn't the only thing that decides how good you are at a game. Positioning, communications skills, etc. are all factors that influence how you do in the game overall. Aim specifically is more impacted by reflex times, but positioning, communication can more than make up for that with experience. But your aim (especially fast paced aiming) will get worse as you age.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Yeah I'd say it's definitely age. You were 10 years younger and hungrier on mw back in the day.

Despite playing 16 days worth of gameplay this year on mw remastered and just after hitting prestige 20 I feel my reactions are not what they once were.

I've managed a 31 killstreak only once although I really fucked up multiple times and should have about 4 over 30. But back in the day I could get that almost daily. I think my record was 48-0 or 51-0 back in the day.

I think another problem nowadays is your average gamer is better at shooters. Like back then most players on cod4 mw had never played a similar type of game before but now they've years of experience.

Your cod experience sounds just like mine. My best record was 140+ kills to 30-40 deaths on shipment, id average 3-5 helicopters a matcn it felt fukin amazing. My fav setup was a silenced mp5 with perks dead silence, radar jammer or whatever its called and either extra dmg or more bullets.

ChaosReich said:
Ucouldntbemorewrong said:

Na BS I'm 45 and I'll drop in to MW3 once and a while and I still place 1st place. I think it has more to due with boots on the ground. Currently I don't place at the top in games with jetpacks, exco suits, wall running etc. Looking forward to COD WWII. I also have not put the hours in like I did in MW3 so that might have something to do with it also, guess I'll see.

Hmmm, i may consider getting MW remaster then since i so enjoyed kicking peoples ass in shooters

Update: Kickin Ass in WWII it's a great game. Usually place top 2 in most matches.