By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo Sports Reviews - 76 Metacritic (44 Reviews) - 77 OpenCritic (44 Reviews)

Really, though, are User Reviews on Metacritic the most worthless thing ever? The dueling 10s and 0s have already started.

"Graphics are just ugly, it's a ps3 game.. So disappointed"

"Playstation 1 graphics forza 7 is better Playstation 1 graphics forza 7 is betterPlaystation 1 graphics forza 7 is betterPlaystation 1 graphics forza 7 is betterPlaystation 1 graphics forza 7 is betterPlaystation 1 graphics forza 7 is betterPlaystation 1 graphics forza 7 is betterPlaystation 1 graphics forza 7 is betterPlaystation 1 graphics forza 7 is betterPlaystation 1 graphics forza 7 is better"

"Taking mine back today, thinking about getting F0rza 7 "

And under a different name ...

"Taking mine back today, thinking about getting F0rza 7"

I take it back. User Reviews are kind of fun.

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
Qwark said:
So final score will probably between 75-80. Although I guess many would expect this, since always online rarely works out well for a game. Also compared to the competition this package lacks content.

Seems to work quite well for Overwatch.

I’ve played them all. It’s the best looking and feeling of the bunch. It’s just more fun to play and the lack in content is only imagination imho. Most people who state that usuall haven’t really played the game.

Eurogamer have said it themselves. Considering all options there is just as much singleplayer fun in this game than it was in older games, just with a much more fun AI now.

I will probably buy it, but I do think there are a few  F1 tracks lacking. But that's my personal opinion. As I said in another comment reviewers seem to be oblivious to the point that the quality of the content that is available is very high. Hell the cars look great, dont sound like vacuum cleaners and even the tracks look very good in general and not just for GT standards. Evidently the AI is good and the handling is really top notch because they build the engine totally around that. So I think they are lowballing this game. But I can see why reviewers are giving lower scores than Forza. This doesn't mean I agree with them though.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

pokoko said:
I'm guessing this is going to be another game where the initial review score isn't indicative of the final product. Gran Turismo games are typically heavily supported with content after launch.

The unchanging review score at launch is becoming an outdated model.

This is one area where I'm glad reviewers haven't kept up with publishers. A game should be complete day 1. This goes for Gran Turismo, Splatoon, Halo 5, whatever. A vague promise of additional content post-launch shouldn't guarantee publishers a grace period. It's the job of reviewers to tell their audience whether a game is worth buying now, not whether it's worth buying six months from now.

Are the troll reviews already in?

Kyuu said:
Azzanation said:

Umm DriveClub wasnt that great all round on the review boards..

There are also many Sony reviews that would give this game a 10/10.

Playstation centric websites aren't particularly biased.

Gravity Rush 2's metascore: 80

Push-Square: 70
Playstation Country: 70
Playstation Official Magazine UK: 70
Playstation Universe: 75
Playstation Lifestyle: 75
LaPS4: 75
PSX-Sense: 75
Playstation Official Magazine Australia: 80

That's the difference between PS websites' reviews vs. other systems' websites.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
pokoko said:
I'm guessing this is going to be another game where the initial review score isn't indicative of the final product. Gran Turismo games are typically heavily supported with content after launch.

This is one area where I'm glad reviewers haven't kept up with publishers. A game should be complete day 1. This goes for Gran Turismo, Splatoon, Halo 5, whatever. A vague promise of additional content post-launch shouldn't guarantee publishers a grace period. It's the job of reviewers to tell their audience whether a game is worth buying now, not whether it's worth buying six months from now.

I didn't say the launch reviews weren't fair.  A game can only be reviewed on the content it has at the time of the review.  The problem, however, is that millions of people buy games later, which is where launch reviews can let them down.  GT5 was like that--the game I bought was a lot better than the game reviewers had available to them on Day One.  It's becoming a common element with online focused titles.

Qwark said:
Errorist76 said:

Seems to work quite well for Overwatch.

I’ve played them all. It’s the best looking and feeling of the bunch. It’s just more fun to play and the lack in content is only imagination imho. Most people who state that usuall haven’t really played the game.

Eurogamer have said it themselves. Considering all options there is just as much singleplayer fun in this game than it was in older games, just with a much more fun AI now.

I will probably buy it, but I do think there are a few  F1 tracks lacking. But that's my personal opinion. As I said in another comment reviewers seem to be oblivious to the point the content that is there is very high. Hell the cars look great, dont sounf like vacuum cleabers and even the tracks look very good in general and not just for GT standards. Evidently the AI is good and the handling is really top notch because they build the engine totally around that. So I think they are lowballing this game. But I can see why reviewers are giving lower scores than Forza. This doesn't mean I agree with them though.

Yeah, it’s a bit hard to stay objective..tastes just differ. I personally prefer quality over quantity but I can see why others might think different.

Concerning the tracks I’m pretty sure more FIA licensed tracks will come in a future DLC. I can see Kaz releasing them one after another, same with the cars, in order to keep interest up for the game. It’s possible he’ll do it in fitting packs, we’ll see. Definitely curious to see what the future holds.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
pokoko said:

I completely disagree. This isn't the days where a game would cost $5M to make anymore. Plus, when I invest in a game, I want it to be heavily supported post-launch. Reviews are obsolete the moment a game is updated.

I want tot see how it does compared to Forza 7 and Project Cars 2.

pokoko said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I didn't say the launch reviews weren't fair.  A game can only be reviewed on the content it has at the time of the review.  The problem, however, is that millions of people buy games later, which is where launch reviews can let them down.  GT5 was like that--the game I bought was a lot better than the game reviewers had available to them on Day One.  It's becoming a common element with online focused titles.

But wouldn't you say the system you're proposing would further disincentivize publishers from launching a complete game on day one?