By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will you buy GT 5 Prologue or wait for GT 5?

i'll wait for GT5

Around the Network

I bought it because it was so cheap. Less than £20 is almost nothing in the greater scheme of things. All I can say is it's worth every single last penny I spent.

Really, do yourselves a favour: buy the game, it rocks.

I'm undecided, it's pretty tempting and has everything I want (which is mainly online), because I won't buy GT5P and GT5, it'll be one or the other.

I think sony were stupid in releasing GT5P, I think they thought that people were so desperate to get some GT action they would buy both, but like someone mentioned above, racing games (particularly sims) just aren't that popular anymore. Hell, I spend more time playing the "dinosaur" GT2 then I do GT4.

I got it more out of curiosity. I've never played a GT game but it seemed interesting and the price wasn't an issue so I thought why not?

So far I'm enjoying it, although my kids have played it more than me - my 7 year old son loves saving up for the fast cars then going crazy with them, he likes the fact that unlike Motorstorm you can plow into whatever you want with no damage...

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

CAL4M1TY said:
I'm undecided, it's pretty tempting and has everything I want (which is mainly online), because I won't buy GT5P and GT5, it'll be one or the other.

I think sony were stupid in releasing GT5P, I think they thought that people were so desperate to get some GT action they would buy both, but like someone mentioned above, racing games (particularly sims) just aren't that popular anymore. Hell, I spend more time playing the "dinosaur" GT2 then I do GT4.

How in hell could releasing a prologue be a stupid idea? If the prologue had sold like, 100,000 copies then sure, but its pushing a million without even being released in America and is selling amazingly in others; plus we dont even know how many people have downloaded it. What does that mean? Well,Sony and Polyphony get a pretty large chunk of cash, get a prettygood idea of how popular the full version will be, as well as being able to iron out any glaring problems which people find. 

I honestly do think youre in the minority of people who are only going to buy one or the other. The full gran turismo 5 is like a year away, its not like youre playing the same game again when you buy the full version. 

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Around the Network

I think it was smart to release a Prologue. Combined with other even more highly anticipated games for PS2 gamers, like GTA IV and MGS4 for the short run there are more than enough reasons for many PS2 gamers to jump onto the PS3 bandwagon, so the PS3 can gain enormous momentum until the crucial holiday season.

GTP previews well what the PS3 can achieve in 1080p / 60 FPS (solid 30 FPS for replays) and MGS4 at 1080p / 60 FPS (solid 30 FPS for hectic scenes) will likely kill 360 vs PS3 hardware discussions. Sure a few other games like Uncharted (best graphics, no in-game loading), Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction (smooth 60 FPS, lots of stuff going on) and Super Stardust HD (1080p, 60 FPS, lots of stuff going on) should already have accomplished this, but they aren't spotlight titles like Gran Turismo and Metal Gear Solid.

People can start saving up for christmas as they feel more confident games like Killzone 2, Resistance 2 and Motorstorm 2 will live up to their rumoured technical prowess like the end of the format war has effectively killed Blu-Ray FUD.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

MikeB said:
I think it was smart to release a Prologue. Combined with other even more highly anticipated games for PS2 gamers, like GTA IV and MGS4 for the short run there are more than enough reasons for many PS2 gamers to jump onto the PS3 bandwagon, so the PS3 can gain enormous momentum until the crucial holiday season.

GTP previews well what the PS3 can achieve in 1080p / 60 FPS (solid 30 FPS for replays) and MGS4 at 1080p / 60 FPS (solid 30 FPS for hectic scenes) will likely kill 360 vs PS3 hardware discussions. Sure a few other games like Uncharted (best graphics, no in-game loading), Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction (smooth 60 FPS, lots of stuff going on) and Super Stardust HD (1080p, 60 FPS, lots of stuff going on) should already have accomplished this, but they aren't spotlight titles like Gran Turismo and Metal Gear Solid.

People can start saving up for christmas as they feel more confident games like Killzone 2, Resistance 2 and Motorstorm 2 will live up to their rumoured technical prowess like the end of the format war has effectively killed Blu-Ray FUD.

I agree.

I will not be getting GT5p, but i will be getting GT5 when it comes out.

Waiting for gt5. While prologue is tempting I will have plenty of other great games to play until the full version arrives.

Rock_on_2008 said:
windbane said:
I've heard that GT5 content will be available as a download or reduced price for Prologue owners, so I wouldn't be worried about that aspect...especially since the full version probably won't be out this year.

The Prologue is a fairly full game now with car tuning and extra cars in it. It's very well priced at $40.

As for me, I'm going to rent it and assume my save will carry over to GT5. I've never played a GT game and don't buy many games anyway, so to me this is the perfect rental.

They would never do that they would lose money they make you pay $60 to buy the full game. GT 5 would have like 4 times the tracks with 24  and 4 times the cars with around 300.

They could lose fans by charging again for the full version. Interviews with the developers were the sources for the possiblity of Prologue being a base for future DLC content (such as damage) to be added. I think it's a real possiblity.