By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will you buy GT 5 Prologue or wait for GT 5?

I am probably going to only be buying GT5 and not prologue simply because I am tight on money. I have already Pre Ordered Metal Gear Solid 4 and I am waiting to pluck my money down on Soul Caliber 4, Disgaea 3, and Vakyrie Chronicles. Hopefully When GT5 comes out i will have enough spare change to buy it because the game does look good.

Systems I own (Games)

Sega: Dreamcast (40) , Saturn (25), Genesis (50), Masters System (10), Game Gear (20)

Sony: PS1 (8), PS2 (60) , PS3 (5), PSP (12)

Atari: 2600 (18) , 7800 (10), Lynx (10)

Around the Network

I've heard that GT5 content will be available as a download or reduced price for Prologue owners, so I wouldn't be worried about that aspect...especially since the full version probably won't be out this year.

The Prologue is a fairly full game now with car tuning and extra cars in it. It's very well priced at $40.

As for me, I'm going to rent it and assume my save will carry over to GT5. I've never played a GT game and don't buy many games anyway, so to me this is the perfect rental.

I wont play a driving game which does not have Good motion support. Motorstorm feels so much better and is what i am used to from my own car.(my car has a steering wheel NOT a thumbstick)

GT5p is rubbish using thumbsticks it would feel more like you are driving a remote control toy.

So unless GT5 had GOOD motion steering like Motorstorm i wont even bother with it. And will happily wait for Motorstorm 2 which is a better game instead.

PS3 number 1 fan

windbane said:
I've heard that GT5 content will be available as a download or reduced price for Prologue owners, so I wouldn't be worried about that aspect...especially since the full version probably won't be out this year.

The Prologue is a fairly full game now with car tuning and extra cars in it. It's very well priced at $40.

As for me, I'm going to rent it and assume my save will carry over to GT5. I've never played a GT game and don't buy many games anyway, so to me this is the perfect rental.

They would never do that they would lose money they make you pay $60 to buy the full game. GT 5 would have like 4 times the tracks with 24  and 4 times the cars with around 300.

stephen700 said:
I wont play a driving game which does not have Good motion support. Motorstorm feels so much better and is what i am used to from my own car.(my car has a steering wheel NOT a thumbstick)

GT5p is rubbish using thumbsticks it would feel more like you are driving a remote control toy.

So unless GT5 had GOOD motion steering like Motorstorm i wont even bother with it. And will happily wait for Motorstorm 2 which is a better game instead.

Motion steering is cool but too difficult for most in Motorstorm it seems judging from most comments, me and my girlfriend were able to finish first with motion sensing in early races. But I finished the game using the analog stick.

For the bulk of hardcore race fans I think a sturdy force feedback (not just vibration) steering wheel is far superior over the Sixaxis/DS3 (or Wii-mote).

I'll borrow the game from a friend and may get the full version later on. I never played Gran Turismo on the PS2 other than on a Pathe cinema demo unit.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

I'll wait for the full game, won't be able to buy a PS3 for months and months anyways so I might as well wait a little longer till the behemoths arrive!

I got Prologue, it was my first GT game, and I'm very happy with my decision. £25 is not much money at all. As taxman said, going to the cinema would generally cost equal to or more than this game.

PpH (Pounds per Hour), this game is worth more then most games on the street. Hell, if this game wasn't branded as a GT game, and was sold at full price - I don't think very many people would be complaining about the content (maybe 2-3 more tracks, but that's it).

stephen700 said:

Damn, with that kind of clairvoyance you really shouldnt be spending your time on VGChartz, you could do so much more! Oh wait...no, you were talking out of your ass. Please dont make stupid assumptions, Motorstorm 2 could fail miserably, and so could GT5, neither are likely but you have no idea of that do you?

OT: I bought GT5:P, its awesome, kept me going longer than most games ive played recently and Ive still not bought a quarter of the cars. To me, prologue is the ultimate customer survey device. See how popular the game is, see what people hate about it so you can change it, and depending on sales, pay for a large chunk of the real game! 

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

I'm getting GT5P next week. I'm a fan of the GT series and I can't wait for GT any longer. So prologue will satisfy my needs until then.

I will wait till the full game comes out later. Besides, there is going to be too many good games coming out for me to play. I might rent GT5P. I still need time to finish Condemned 2.

PLAYSTATON NETWORK: BLOODLINEZ