By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will you buy GT 5 Prologue or wait for GT 5?

Rock_on_2008 said:
Hey people just want to see how many people on here are waiting for GT 5 to arrive. Well those who are getting GT 5 Prologue well you must be a huge fan of the GT series. Being a person like me who has never played the Gran Turismo series before and prefers the arcade racer over the real life racing simulation, I will wait until GT 5 arrives.

Man if u dont like dont buy. The "demo" u reffering too is a amazing game. There are 31 manufactures and 71 cars, 6 tracks with different routes which makes them more than 6 then, count them. Also u have 2 player split screen, and up to 16 player online. There are 40 events to compete in offline mode split in 4 classes, try to finish S class. Also there is arcade mode where u can race, do time trial or drift trial, with all ur times instantly updated with the online records. Its not a full GT game for GT standards that is. Its half price though. Not bad for a "demo", dont u think?

I highly recommend the game, good fun

I like technology when its moving forward..

PSN: methys

Around the Network

Neither. Never been a big fan of traditional racing games, and I am not starting now. I even tried the download off the Japanese PSN and got pretty bored, pretty fast. Not to mention I was terrible.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Rock_on_2008 said:
I will buy GT 5 only. I would not waste money on a demo, its better to wait for the full game.

Your loss :(  it's not a demo :P  anyways I see this as a great beta version :D Especially the online aspect :D

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

I will wait for GT5, mainly because there are good games coming out in the next months and I already have a backlog of games to finish so it makes sense to wait for me and buy the full thing when I have more time to dedicate to it...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

I've already bought GT5p, it is a great game that has lots to do and achieve (more then some socalled full games). I plan to get GT5 when it comes out too.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

I pay more for a night at the cinema and pocorn here in London and it only lasts for 2 hours.You can't say it's too expensive if you compare the hours of entertainement a cheap game will give you (and a good one) to other forms of entertainment (unless you really don't have the cash)

PSN ID: T_Gears

End of 2009 ltd sales:

Wii = 67-68m

X360 = 38-39m

PS3 = 34-35m

Prediction: The PS3 will surpass the 360 on weekly sales after it drops to $299 on all regular weeks (no big releases).

ive already bought it, its a great game.

will last you longer than many full price games and at only £19.99 and cheaper at many other places this is a bargain of a game, sure the full gt5 is out next year

but whats wrong with buying a prologue when its this good, with a confirmed update this year that will include damage and fixing the online probs etc this is a must to own.

i hope they add an extra car or 2 in the update, and ive read some previews and reviews especially a totally biased review on metacritic claiming game has 30 challenges when in actual fact it has an s-rank coming with 10 more, on top of that there is a challenge for every manufacturer also.

im happy wth my purchase just as the majority who have bought this game

buy it now:)

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

oups yeah i forgot about the manufacturers events and the confirmed update

I like technology when its moving forward..

PSN: methys

I have bought it, it's to long to wait more than a year (probably a year and a half) for the full GT5. I am worried though that sales of GT5p will affect sales of GT5 (in a negative way).

GT5 won't sell as much as some people believe, racing games are far from as popular as they have been, and there is much more competition within the genre.

Definitely waiting until the full product, GT5, is released. I'm strapped for cash and there are other games I'd much rather buy than Prologue, though I wouldn't say it doesn't interest me. I haven't played a GT since 3, skipping 4 because it dropped online support near the end and I had my fill with GT3.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.