By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Xbox One X will be an absolute disaster

Seventizz said:
Slade6alpha said:
Still will be the strongest current console and best place to play multiplats.

Oh, haven't you heard?  Every playstation gamer owns a gaming capable PC - or so they always say.

That much salt can't be good for you

Around the Network

Was the pro an absolute disaster? I see the x selling just as well as the pro.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

People see what they want to see.

I would tend to agree with your evaluation. Consoles have always been about the pricea and exclusives. MS has done many of the same mistakes as Sony did in previous gen, and this has set them back quite heavily. Now we are moving to age where the generations are blurring away, and having a huge exclusive game library is essential for new HW. I doubt Sony will bring a replacement of PS4 Pro, instead they do like apple, base model gets cheaper when a new top range comes in. 

Well, MS never planned to sell much of it and pre-orders exceeded their not so high expectations. It also shows developers that MS can still build a console which is all about gaming and not about whatever MS tried at the start of this gen.

Not sure what a disaster is for you but selling maybe more as you plan doesn't sound like one.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
Snoopy said:

selling software means a lot more for these companies than selling consoles.

Can't always use this argument though.  Lowest selling systems ever have some of the highest attach rates.

Doesn't really matter when you have total software sales.  I think for Sony/MS the profit on consoles doesn't matter that much anymore and the total profit of sotware/GOLD/PS+/PSnow/Xbox Pass/Ea Access/DLC/Season passes/Digital sales/Indie games are outperforming the profits on hardware.

Edit: Also a factor that people hardly talk about is software sales total for a console, I am honestly sure that companies prefer to be in the top 10 software totals list instead of top ten consoles sold.  It technically is possible that Xbox one will not reach the top ten hardware list but I am pretty sure it will be in the top 10 software totals list.

FallingTitan said:
SvennoJ said:

Oh it's called hi-res sound now. I had a demonstration DVD when that just came out with lossles 96khz music, sounded great, that's getting close to 20 years ago. Btw if you love good quality sound, get Akira 25th anniversary edition. The 192khz/24bit Dolby TrueHD soundtrack is phenomenal. (runs close to 6mbps for sound alone) Dolby atmos is pedestrian 48khz though.

I doubt consoles will take advantage of hi res audio. The ps3 already supported upto 7.1 192/24 audio, not a single game until now has gone beyond the standard 48khz and still use lossy compressed samples.

I looked up hi-res audio, what a mess of fragmented services and formats. I'm more into movie sound, it's a shame 4K blu-ray still has the exact same audio as standard blu-ray. Still waiting on that 96khz to become standard. The first amp I bought that supported 96khz is actually 20 years old already :/

dolby atmos sound bars are great they are hi res sound.  Makes you feel like your in the cinema! 

Don't need sound for that at all, just put some popcorn in the microwave, voila.

FallingTitan said:

Its similar to buying a car. You don't need a luxury brand a base kia will get the job done!!! But some prefer it.
So that will be xbox 1 sales. people who just want the best experience, the luxury crowd.

those buy a 2000$ pc. the one x cant even do vr yet so even if its 30% stronger then the pro, the pro is still the better choice

Tulipanzo said:
I do find it strange how people saying it's appealing to a core audience so it's fine if it doesn't sell that well.
That's not the problem, it's that the S sales have flatlined, so it NEEDS to do well with a larger audience to even break even.
It's not going to be an absolute disaster on its own, but it is going to be one in context

The XBox One X could actually be hurting sales as well.

I was about to jump the gun in on an XBox One S when MS revealed the Scorpio right after. The S seemed like a great update, everything I wanted from the Xbox One after the inital mess. However with the Scorpio reveal I decided to wait again. Then it turned out to be CAD 600 here, and not even have VR. So do I buy the inferior product or overpay for a slight upgrade (sure it's in 4K but does it really matter if the S can do HDR as well, which is the bigger upgrade)
Anyway I've decided to keep waiting until MS reveals some solid plans for VR, maybe in 2018.

X1Gates said:

True, the XOX will be for those gamers who DEMAND the best 4K experience (a console can provide). 

And so far the Pro has the best VR expierence a console can currently provide.

Both still niche markets with VR certainly WOWing people alot more then 4k. I dont see the One X selling more then 10k/week after january 18.