By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Xbox One X will be an absolute disaster

cmay227 said:

They sold around 5 million at $500 before the price drop in June. Thats a disaster? xbox 360 sales must of been a disaster as well to ya.

Yeah, Sony was approaching 9m by that point in comparison both the Switch and PS4 hit 5m in 4 and a half months while for X1 it means it took 8 months to hit 5m in June and mind you this is with a holiday period.

360 had no competitiors for a whole year so selling 5m wasn't as bad for it as those sales were a head start during a time as newcomers to the console industry and even then the Wii went on to outsell it in one year, PS3 eventually outsold 360 in the long run.

Around the Network

Does not mean it's a failure. By those standards most previous generations we're failures.

cmay227 said:

Does not mean it's a failure. By those standards most previous generations we're failures.

The platform isn't a failure but the launch year is a disaster coming from the 360 only the Wii U is a bigger disaster only difference is that Nintendo have shown they can come back from that and have done so twice it has yet to be seen if MS can do something similar and at the moment it's not looking good as X1 is doing Wii U numbers now and being beaten in the sole region it relies on by both competitors.

FattyDingDong said:

This is just my own prediction and you are free to agree or disagree with me.  But I have closely followed Xbox One for the past few years and I can tell you that it doesn't matter if they have the most powerful console out that isn't gonna change anything with the consumers,  Sony has established the PS4 as the standard go to console for the current gen, and its enormous userbase isn't gonna be interested in buying a 500$ console with no games(which is gonna be my next point).   Xbox One got no exclusive games coming out for it in the near future, besides Forza 7 .. and don't get me wrong I love me some Forza but Microsoft needs something bigger than just a racing game, it needs to invest in 1st party studios to develop quality AAA games.   Thus, judging things based on the current situation, I think that the Xbox One X is gonna be a flop,  it will have a very small user base(die hard Xbox fans)  but the average consumer will not be convinced by it.

What is your opinion?

Agreed. After their horrible launch where they tried to implement no game sharing or used game selling i believe they fucked themselves over too much to where consumers werent willing to support such a shit company and i believe that carries over to today.