By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will Nintendo do with the BotW engine?

What will Nintendo do with the BotW engine?

They will use it in multiple franchises. 26 28.57%

They will just use it for Zelda games. 41 45.05%

They won't reuse it, Bot... 24 26.37%

Total:91

Definitely they will use engine for at least one more game, maybe for another 3D Zelda, similar to OoT and MM.

Around the Network

As already pointed,an majora's mask style sequel would be nice.They now have enough experience with the engine to make better puzzles and dungeons.

Finale said:
As already pointed,an majora's mask style sequel would be nice.They now have enough experience with the engine to make better puzzles and dungeons.

I think it is less about the engine, and more about the game's design.
They know what worked in BotW and they should know where they failed.
A sequel should be fantastic.

wombat123 said:
Luke888 said:
I expect the next Zelda game AND another unrelated game to use the same engine (or an upgraded version of it ), If I were to guess I'd say either the Thief IP from Aonuma or a new Kid Icarus would be fitting

Aonuma really needs to create a new IP before he retires because he deserves to be known for more than being "the Zelda guy".  Yeah, Zelda has maintained its pedigree under his watch and there's no shame in being associated with one of the top IP's in gaming history but I'd also like him to have a successful IP that he can call his own.

wombat123 said:
Luke888 said:
I expect the next Zelda game AND another unrelated game to use the same engine (or an upgraded version of it ), If I were to guess I'd say either the Thief IP from Aonuma or a new Kid Icarus would be fitting

Aonuma really needs to create a new IP before he retires because he deserves to be known for more than being "the Zelda guy".  Yeah, Zelda has maintained its pedigree under his watch and there's no shame in being associated with one of the top IP's in gaming history but I'd also like him to have a successful IP that he can call his own.

Wasn't he keen to create a new IP where the protagonist was a thief? Im sure I read this somewhere.

Arlo made a good video about this.

I'd love something like Majora's Mask, go crazy Nintendo.

Around the Network

I really want a new Zelda specifically made for the Switch since BotW was at first hand made for the Wii-U.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Naum said:
I really want a new Zelda specifically made for the Switch since BotW was at first hand made for the Wii-U.

I doubt it would have been much different if it was made only for the Switch.

Cooking Mama!

Ljink96 said:

Easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4tLbzm3oAM

Mind blown

Pls Nintendo make a Majora's Mask-esque sequel with a darker and more twisted story that feels very personal.