By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2017 NPD Thread! Switch #1

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

That’s so close. I hope the PS4 can take the lead in the next couple of months.

In the US, the PS4 is still leading.

Switch is probably leading right now (end of oct) ps4 is what, like 170k up over it??

Difficult to say but PS4 is leading as of the end of September. But if the PS4 is 170k over the Switch as of September then I doubt the Switch has overtaken it yet.

Around the Network

I guess it would depend on Switch availability. If Nintendo is preparing itself for a 4 million console holiday season, which I think is achievable, Switch will easily end up the best selling console of the year.

Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

Switch is probably leading right now (end of oct) ps4 is what, like 170k up over it??

Difficult to say but PS4 is leading as of the end of September. But if the PS4 is 170k over the Switch as of September then I doubt the Switch has overtaken it yet.

It could be dang close to doing it if it was that close.  Alll indicators right now are that the Switch has completely and utterly dominated October.  Whether it will hold a lead to the end of the year is another matter.

Nuvendil said:
Lawlight said:

It could be dang close to doing it if it was that close.  Alll indicators right now are that the Switch has completely and utterly dominated October.  Whether it will hold a lead to the end of the year is another matter.

What indicators are you referring to?

Lawlight said:
Nuvendil said:

What indicators are you referring to?

Stock has increased by a huge amount in Oct, amazon has oit dominating overall and smo is released. 

Switch could potentially have a 500k month (400k more realistically)

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
tbone51 said:

It is super likely the Switch is over PS4 by end of October.

Switch is gonna have a 400-450k month for October, so is very likely the PS4 will sell 170k less than that.

Switch is SO undertracked here, oh god.

rodea_sky_soldier said:

In reality, the numbers are reasonably correct. It says 6.4M with three weeks missing. So around 7M by end of month sold. Nintendo just announced 7.6M units produced by that date which leaves around 600k on shelves and on ships. So numbers here sound reasonable, less than a few % off.

drkohler said:
rodea_sky_soldier said:

In reality, the numbers are reasonably correct. It says 6.4M with three weeks missing. So around 7M by end of month sold. Nintendo just announced 7.6M units produced by that date which leaves around 600k on shelves and on ships. So numbers here sound reasonable, less than a few % off.

Not produced, shipped. For a console that is selling out almost everywhere and has a very short shelflife if any, 600k is too much of a shipped/sold through gap.

It's undertracked.

globalisateur said:
Lawlight said:

Cheesemeister?

OK, I missed it. Was he a mod at Neogaf ?

Yes, he was.

SuperNova said:
drkohler said:

Not produced, shipped. For a console that is selling out almost everywhere and has a very short shelflife if any, 600k is too much of a shipped/sold through gap.

It's undertracked.

No, it’s not sold out everywhere.