Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2017 NPD Thread! Switch #1

Slarvax said:
Replicant said:

Bold: Seriously? I actually thought it kinda bombed and became the next Watch Dogs 2. Do you have that info from the NPD video?

Btw thanks for the charts you posted earlier.

Maybe not in units (I still need to get used to revenue-talk), but I doubt there's a big difference in bundles or Limited editions and the such between Destiny 1 and 2, regardless.

I think you're right that overall revenue doesn't favor Destiny 2 (at least not to a high degree). That LE white PS4 bundle moved a shit-ton of units and must've increased Detiny 1 revenue quite a bit.

Edit: Just saw Nuvendil's post. He may be right that microtransactions have helped Destiny 2 revenue. I'll never understand why people buy that stuff.

Anyway thanks. This comes as quite a surprise to me. So Destiny 2 dodged a bullet. I wonder if SW Battlefront 2 will manage to do so. It probably will (due to the movie hype) but I'm not sure it deserves to. The beta was boring imo. At least I'm hearing good things about Destiny 2 from friends.

Around the Network

Good to see that Destiny 2 had a really solid opening. Hope this stops all the talk that the game flopped.

jason1637 said:
Good to see that Destiny 2 had a really solid opening. Hope this stops all the talk that the game flopped.

Wonder how big the digital sales were for this game and if the digital ratio was far bigger than normal

I wish we could see M+R sales numbers, but in any case it appears they were really good. Plus that doesn't include digital. Hopefully it has decent legs and turns out to be a success for Nintendo and Ubisoft.

Also Fifa on Switch was a huge flop in the US.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

1 thing to note is metroid is a $40 game so its actually higher than it appears

Around the Network

Impressed by Rainbow Six & Zelda. Good legs.

tbone51 said:
1 thing to note is metroid is a $40 game so its actually higher than it appears

To be precise, it would be 8th in an individual format (by units)

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:

The best-selling games over the last 12 months

1. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
    2. Battlefield 1
    3. Destiny 2*
    4. Grand Theft Auto V
    5. NBA 2K17
    6. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands
    7. NBA 2K18
    8. Madden NFL 18
    9. Madden NFL 17
    10. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild**

Where's Pokemon Sun/Moon? That's odd unless it's a top 10 revenue sales.

NNID/PSN: Kung_Kjartan

Slarvax said:
    Jranation said:
    Soooo did Mario + Rabbids did good?

Anything ahead of GTAV is really good. Mario + Rabbids doesn't include digital, btw.

Even though that game is super old? Don't get me wrong, I know it has *great* legs, but does that make up for the sales of the game just because it's above GTA V?

Are those numbers from September or August? 

I believe it sold well, but I also believe nothing wrong with some questioning

Npd is revenue