By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Odyssey Musical commercial is awesome!

Really nice commercial. Reminds me a bit of the old "A Link to the Past" one.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

Yup, relly nice comercial.

This is freakin' awesome. I didn't want to be on the hype train, but I was conducting it

Hype level is off-charts

Mario looks box office for the first time. Nintendo finally get it

Around the Network

Song might get stale, if they just keep using it over and over again.

RolStoppable said:

There are girls in the commercial. And when I say girls, I mean girls. Not women.

There's two girls and a boy. Target audience change from young adults to children?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

PEEPer0nni said:
Wow that's a great commercial. I wonder if Sony will do this for God of War or Spiderman.

I would love to see Kratos sing and dance!

As for Spiderman, the further away from musicals it gets, the better.

Signature goes here!

RolStoppable said:

We are now seeing the same kind of marketing that Nintendo ran for the Wii U. The difference is that people here praise it instead of complaining about it.

It's not like Nintendo changed their target audience though. Switch was always meant to sell to both genders of all ages.

What I personally don't like about Nintendo commercials is the cheesy blend between real life and video game, like a guy or a dog wearing a Mario hat all of a sudden. Wii commercials were better because they simply showed people playing games. Ultimately though, the product itself makes a bigger difference than the marketing. Switch is great while Wii U was trash, so Wii U-like commercials aren't going to stop Switch.

The only complaint in the whole thread was yours.
And yeah, target audience is everyone of course.

I agree on the WiiU comparison, specially with the IRL capture depictions.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Ultravolt said:

Check it out! In my opinion, this is the best commercial Nintendo has done in a long time! They've been on a roll lately with commercials, so it's not a surprise!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4xW9aCg2zY

Agreed. It's absolutely fantastic! Makes the game look just like the blockbuster it surely is.

RolStoppable said:
TomaTito said:

Song might get stale, if they just keep using it over and over again.

There's two girls and a boy. Target audience change from young adults to children?

We are now seeing the same kind of marketing that Nintendo ran for the Wii U. The difference is that people here praise it instead of complaining about it.

It's not like Nintendo changed their target audience though. Switch was always meant to sell to both genders of all ages.

What I personally don't like about Nintendo commercials is the cheesy blend between real life and video game, like a guy or a dog wearing a Mario hat all of a sudden. Wii commercials were better because they simply showed people playing games. Ultimately though, the product itself makes a bigger difference than the marketing. Switch is great while Wii U was trash, so Wii U-like commercials aren't going to stop Switch.

The guy and the dog getting possessed actually gave me a good giggle.

What was more important though is how catchy the song is. People won't be able to get it out of their heads for weeks, just in time for holiday season.