By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Super Mario Odyssey will help Nintendo take November from Microsoft. Sony wont slouch either.

Who do you think will sell more units this holiday?

Nintendo 363 68.11%

Microsoft 26 4.88%

Sony 144 27.02%

Total:533
PEEPer0nni said:
Who ever wins is not important. 2018 is the year of PS4 anyways.

That's a guarantee then? Based on what?

Seems to me that competition is growing and exclusive games are trickling on to PC.

Around the Network

If we were talking Baseball (Season 2017):

Xbox One would have a Batting Average of 0.000, with 0 Hits out of 12 Times to Bat.

Nintendo would be stealing bases from Sony ala Ricky Henderson this Holidays, and end up going to Extra Innings.

in the US? Nintendo could well take the holidays.
Worldwide? I think Sony takes it.

Nintendo just dont make enough Switch this first year to outsell the PS4.

Nintendo will make another 5-6m to sell these last 3 months.
PS4 is going to sell more than that in the holidays.

Qwark said:
US and Japan Nintendo
Worldwide Playstation

^ this.

Qwark said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Between now and Christmas we're going to see Doom, Skyrim, Xenoblade2 and Super Mario Odyssey on the Switch.

What big games are dropping for the other platforms? 

You are sitting me with those being big releases right. They are late ports not new releases. I wouldn't count on them doing better than fifa 18.

As for your other questions

Assassins Creed, Battlefront II, Gran Turismo Sport, The evil within II, Wolfenstein, Need for speed, Middle earth shadow of war released today. South park the fractured but whole. Call off duty wotld at war 2. And except for Wolfenstein none of those actually release on Switch  (unprecedented third party support)

You don't think Skyrim on Switch will sell more than Fifa18 on the system? Not even sure what to say here if you think any of the games you listed would sell as many systems as Odyssey.

Has anyone really decided to jump in and buy a console because of what... the 3-4th iteration of Need for speed on it? Joking right?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:

Between now and Christmas we're going to see Doom, Skyrim, Xenoblade2 and Super Mario Odyssey on the Switch.  *already on xb/ps4

What big games are dropping for the other platforms?

Between now & christmas:

The Evil Within 2, Gran Turismo Sport, South Park: The Fractured But Whole, WWE 2K18, Assassin’s Creed Origins, Wolfenstein II, Call of Duty: WWII, Horizon Zero Dawn ‘The Frozen Wilds’, Need for Speed Payback, Star Wars Battlefront II, Vampyr, Final Fantasy XV ‘Episode Ignis’, Dead Rising 4,...

right after the holidays:

Secrets of Mana (remake), Spiderman, Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom, Far Cry 5,...

Around the Network
PEEPer0nni said:
Who ever wins is not important. 2018 is the year of PS4 anyways.

It is? Counting out the switch already? (Supply issues might be dealt with and pokemon/ac/etc)

TruckOSaurus said:
guiduc said:

Isn't it the Piranha Bytes' upcoming ARPG?

Never heard of it before today...

I had heard of it... But I still didn't have the faintest idea before looking it up. Apparently it's on my Steam wishlist, too! It's Piranha Bytes, so it should have some potential.

As nice as the Switch is and as well as it's selling, I don't think it will outsell the PS4 in November because the Switch is still too new of a product where as the PS4 being out longer will potentally be offered with better deals during the Christmas shopping season.  Xbox is just lost.

Ganoncrotch said:
Qwark said:

You are sitting me with those being big releases right. They are late ports not new releases. I wouldn't count on them doing better than fifa 18.

As for your other questions

Assassins Creed, Battlefront II, Gran Turismo Sport, The evil within II, Wolfenstein, Need for speed, Middle earth shadow of war released today. South park the fractured but whole. Call off duty wotld at war 2. And except for Wolfenstein none of those actually release on Switch  (unprecedented third party support)

You don't think Skyrim on Switch will sell more than Fifa18 on the system? Not even sure what to say here if you think any of the games you listed would sell as many systems as Odyssey.

Has anyone really decided to jump in and buy a console because of what... the 3-4th iteration of Need for speed on it? Joking right?

GT Sport will easily sell 8 million units and so will Battlefront II and a new call of Duty. The new assassins Creed will not sell all that bad either and surely will outsell Xenoblade 2. I would buy a console earlier for a new NFS than an overpriced port of Skyrim.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Wouldn't be surprised to see Nintendo sell more.

Even MS admits X1X won't make a big difference.