By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Motorsport 7 brings the future

Is FM7 pitstop the future?

Yes 41 41.41%

No 58 58.59%

Total:99
Jazz2K said:

The game has weather conditions, 700 cars, beautiful graphics, a nice decent chase cam... but... it doesn't have pit crews... let's create a fuss about the later and make a thread about it... how hilarious!

How about not put it in trailer with "game footage"?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
NATO said:
DonFerrari said:

Sometimes marketing and P&D forget to talk to one another....

We have had in the past some Marketing Manager on Xbox talking about the exciting exclusives coming to X1 near launch and listing PS4 exclusives as the best one.

Yeah, I remember that snafu!

They got a lot of flack for it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
Jazz2K said:

The game has weather conditions, 700 cars, beautiful graphics, a nice decent chase cam... but... it doesn't have pit crews... let's create a fuss about the later and make a thread about it... how hilarious!

You are right on this one... though did you look at the trailer and jumped of joy when you saw the pit crew? Personnaly I got excited when I saw the dynamic weather... but yeah to each his own.

Jazz2K said:
DonFerrari said:

You are right on this one... though did you look at the trailer and jumped of joy when you saw the pit crew? Personnaly I got excited when I saw the dynamic weather... but yeah to each his own.

I didn't watch the trailer when it was originally shown, and I've no real interest in forza 7 so my opinions not really important, but to me seeing it now versus how it looks in the retail game, I would question what else has been cut, scaled back or rushed as well.

I'm not saying more has been, and frankly I've no idea if it has or not, but if something they were clearly proud of (showed it twice on two different cars) got scaled back so dramatically, it seems a relatively safe bet that it can't have been the only thing that was.

That's how I see it, anyway.

It's unfortunate that it's launching so close to gt sport because the fan bases of both are at loggerheads, fans of forza are on the defensive and overlooking such things as unimportant in the process so gt fanbase has less to hit them over the head with, had gt sport been given a 2018 release date i honestly think a lot of forza fans would be more openly disappointed with this particular release, which is the sort of feedback turn 10 need to hear so the quality of the franchise doesn't go downhill. 

Jazz2K said:
DonFerrari said:

Sure, the pitstop is no dealbreaker, it's just funny thing they cut. But I don't think that saved them many resources, but perhaps the way it would load memory or processors were incompatible with the other things they planned.

Around the Network
NATO said:
Jazz2K said:

I didn't watch the trailer when it was originally shown, and I've no real interest in forza 7 so my opinions not really important, but to me seeing it now versus how it looks in the retail game, I would question what else has been cut, scaled back or rushed as well.

I'm not saying more has been, and frankly I've no idea if it has or not, but if something they were clearly proud of (showed it twice on two different cars) got scaled back so dramatically, it seems a relatively safe bet that it can't have been the only thing that was.

That's how I see it, anyway.

It's unfortunate that it's launching so close to gt sport because the fan bases of both are at loggerheads, fans of forza are on the defensive and overlooking such things as unimportant in the process so gt fanbase has less to hit them over the head with, had gt sport been given a 2018 release date i honestly think a lot of forza fans would be more openly disappointed with this particular release, which is the sort of feedback turn 10 need to hear so the quality of the franchise doesn't go downhill. 

The game is great. You have a lot of impressions here and there and there's a demo. Removing stuff you were looking into in a trailer is never a nice thing to do. I don't know what they could have removed but it's already a great game.

DonFerrari said:
Jazz2K said:

Sure, the pitstop is no dealbreaker, it's just funny thing they cut. But I don't think that saved them many resources, but perhaps the way it would load memory or processors were incompatible with the other things they planned.

It is funny yes but I never took it for granted. I don't think it's something that you cut because you'll go over budget... I played so many games where there were no pit stops but, to my knowledge, it's the first time people make a fuss about it.

Jazz2K said:

It is funny yes but I never took it for granted. I don't think it's something that you cut because you'll go over budget... I played so many games where there were no pit stops but, to my knowledge, it's the first time people make a fuss about it.

To be fair it's also the first time a trailer had it and claimed in game footage then shipped without it too.

Not a deal breaker as we say, but not very honest either. 

Jazz2K said:
DonFerrari said:

Don't think anyone thought as it wouldn't show in the game... but we make a fuss because the game is relevant.

GT5 had over 1000 cars, and over 200 were premium (for what I remember they had more premium cars than other racers had total cars), but there were a lot of bashing over the standard cars

I guarantee no forza fan is crying about pitt stops. Seems other fans are doing the crying.

700 cars compared to 150-170. No contest.