By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition announced (January 16)

Excellent news. Hopefully this shifts a few hundred thousand units this holiday.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Oh great, pay $40 to avoid the boring grinding of the original. Thanks Capcom, but how about making unlocking content easier and faster? This is cheaper than the season passes.

I'm glad this game failed compared to SFIV.

I met many friends that spent like $120 for having all the seasons and stages of Killer Instinct on Xbox One, and then Microsoft released the definite edition, nobody complained.

capcom releases arcade edition of SFV for new users, and vanilla users will got every update for free. Everybody loses their head!

Bristow9091 said:
So if I buy the original game I'll have to unlock the new heroes myself, yet if I buy the Arcade Edition, they'll be unlocked automatically? If that's the case I'd rather buy the original, I remember buying Marvel vs Capcom 2 on PS3 and was MEGA disappointed when all the characters had been unlocked...

It would be better to buy the new version if you don't have the game. You'll  28 characters to gain FM with. You'll have more than enough FM to buy Season 3 characters. Hell you should have enough for Season 4 as well.

Darc Requiem said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Oh great, pay $40 to avoid the boring grinding of the original. Thanks Capcom, but how about making unlocking content easier and faster? This is cheaper than the season passes.

I'm glad this game failed compared to SFIV.

Meanwhile EVERY other fighting game doesn't give you the chance to unlock any characters without paying for them. SFV deserves a lot of heat for it's short comings but actually letting players earn all characters and all non CPT stages without paying cash is not one of them. If I wanted the new characters in SSFIV. I had to buy the game. If didn't want them but wanted to play online against people that did upgrade I was SOL because SFIV and SSFIV didn't share an online community. 

You aren't wrong, allowing people to grind for content is nice for people who will play many, many hours of this game (the minority).

However, the cost to unlock stuff is outrageous for a game that quite frankly is already kinda slim on content. How about showing respect to people who tolerated a grossly incomplete game at launch as well?

SFV took a step forward while taking one back as well. And looking at MvC:Infinite, its evident they realize the SFV strategy sucked.

Actually, it would be nice if I could get all the content unlocked in SFV:AE for $15. Because that's how much SFIV updates cost. But they won't do that, they rather we pay for expensive season passes or buy the new $40 release.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

No Xbox 1 release despite the rebranding. I guess this confirms what we already knew.

As for the game itself, is it "fixed" now? Or are there more planned updates?

Around the Network

Will it have the story mode? I mean... the complete story mode and not that dumb short story mode just with 3-4 single round fights and text ?........
I won´t buy this game until I have absolute certainty of what comes with it.
I saw so many early buyers angered with this game that although I do love the series I never felt safe about it. The early version even did not have a local versus mode! It´s really confusing to know what actually we get with this game

One thing I hate about DLC characters is the essence of unlocking it is no more.
I hate it when all characters are already unlocked so if I am going to buy SF V it will be the vanilla.
Also, I am not a fan of SF because I am more of a Tekken guy but all in all I am not really a fan of fighting games. XD

HomokHarcos said:
There's no point in buying any game when it comes out, just wait for an update.

That is short sighted. With fighters it's important to keep releasing new versions to keep the game fresh and interesting. 

Besides, this is free for people who purchused the original.

My problem is that the roster still sucks qnd season 2 did nothing to fix that. I am disappointed that they aren't adding new characters with this version aswell. Even SF4 AE added a couple of characters.

Rogerioandrade said:
Will it have the story mode? I mean... the complete story mode and not that dumb short story mode just with 3-4 single round fights and text ?........
I won´t buy this game until I have absolute certainty of what comes with it.
I saw so many early buyers angered with this game that although I do love the series I never felt safe about it. The early version even did not have a local versus mode! It´s really confusing to know what actually we get with this game

The General Story mode released last June as a free update.

@Nem The Season 3 characters haven't been announced yet. 

So as people said when sf v got announced that the further versions would come to x1, will this come to x1?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."