By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition announced (January 16)

Hiku said:
BraLoD said:

I remember interview quotes specifially stating SFV would never have another version, as did all SF before it.

Unless it was heavily misquoted/translated, it was a massive lie!

I remember the quote you're refering to, but when it's a free update I don't think language like "freaking liars" is appropriate? xD

I think what they were saying back then was that they wouldn't release a new version that you had to pay for. Like Super, AE and Ultra SF4. That's what the rebranding signified back in the old days. Not that they would never add a new name on a free system update.
What they've done now is update the game for free, while rebranding it.
They're also selling a version which basically includes season pass 1 + 2 for those who want to jump in now. But that's appropriate with games that update over time, or GOTY editions, etc.

Allowing older customers to get the new content for free while offering a updated package for new users is very much fair play for me.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
Rogerioandrade said:
Will it have the story mode? I mean... the complete story mode and not that dumb short story mode just with 3-4 single round fights and text ?........
I won´t buy this game until I have absolute certainty of what comes with it.
I saw so many early buyers angered with this game that although I do love the series I never felt safe about it. The early version even did not have a local versus mode! It´s really confusing to know what actually we get with this game

The General Story mode released last June as a free update.

@Nem The Season 3 characters haven't been announced yet. 

Thanks.  Still, I will look for  a  way to test the game and check all the features by myself  before buying it.

Or.... maybe I should keep playing KOF and wait for the next version. LOL. We all know there will be a next "complete edition" in the future, don´t we ? 

Apparently, you can get a different ending depending on your performance.