By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - RE4 Wii passes RE4 GC! Wow..Wow..Wow... RE5 for the Wii please!!!!!!

ClaudeLv250 said:
Eh, I don't really care about an RE5 Wii. I'm more of an RPG guy myself. It's just that when I see the same half-assed bullshit arguments like the "but all u wiii ownerz always want...!" with stupid 12-year old caliber generalizations made by angry fanboys when I can count maybe 2 people on this board at the most that actually champions for RE5 Wii on any kind of regular basis (and further making the fact that about 5-6 people in this thread keep repeating this EXACT.SAME.ARGUMENT that much more astonishing by how ineffective and sloppy it is) and such other beautiful arguments grasping at straws like "BUT NITNEDO PISSSD ON DEVELOPARS SOMTIME AGO" which is rendered even further irrelevant by the existence of Resident Evil 4, I get the overwhelming urge to tell these peole how stupid I think they are and thus start arguing because, since they're not capable of making an actual point, I want to shut them down before they think that they had one. It's a bad habbit.

RE4? You mean the game that came to the GC first because Nintendo paid off Capcom?

You're in denial if you think that Nintendo's current third party relationships weren't caused by the company's actions from 1985-2000. They have improved recently but given the GC's marketshare at that point, it was too little, too late.

After all, most franchises that are more than 10 years old started out on Nintendo consoles. The N64 was the straw that broke the camel's back with its expensive proprietary cartridges and late release. Sony countered with an easy-to-program system based on inexpensive CDs and they showed a willingness to help offset developer costs, something Nintendo never did. It's not surprising that when finally given the chance, developers ran from Nintendo as quickly as possible.

Don't get me wrong, Nintendo is an entirely different company now. But you can't blame developers for dropping support for Nintendo systems from 1995-2006. And you need to give them more than 16 months to come back to Nintendo consoles.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

While an re5 wii version would NOT be ground up (I guarentee they are using a modified RE4 engine, which they already have for Wii,) I doubt that you will see it.

Every piece of art would beed to be modified (see droped in resolution/vertex count) and the engine modified. It is too late in the development cycle, in myopinion, to start on a later port. But Capcom DID do that with the PS2 version of RE4, so anything is possible.

I would guess RE5 won't come to Wii, but perhaps a wii exclusive RE game that is different in gameplay/scope(NOT UC)

We will see...

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

RE4 on the Wii is on track to pass up RE4 on PS2 (with far less consoles sold), Capcom knows they got a good install base on Wii, I wouldn't mind a RE5 game that's basically RE4 with skins over Leon and the rest XD, seriously I just want the crazy story.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I don't care if RE5 comes to the wii. All that I was try to say through the course of this thread was:

- I dislike how nintendo fans make it sound like a mistake when a high profile game comes out for X360/PS3 only.
- I don't think it's realistic to expect RE5 to come to Wii with all the content of the X360/PS3 versions. (I could definately see it coming out on the Wii's successor, though)
- I think there is a good chance there will be an Wii exclusive RE game of some kind. (remake maybe?)
- The Wii is better suited to something tailored from the ground up for it's controls.

I'm not on some mission to deprive Wii owners of RE5, nor am I trying to crap all over the Wii and it's capabilities. Just saying it how I see this playing out.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I agree with CrashMan,I don´t see RE5 being released on the Wii,but I do see a new RE (whatever it might be,just not RE5) for the Wii...a RE2 remake is my personal wish.

Around the Network

Where is this petition?

Gnizmo said:
rocketpig said:

I'm not adverse to Capcom porting it at all. What I am adverse to is hearing Wii owners whine that every third party game under development isn't coming to their system. 

Care to cite some examples on that one? Aside from Resident Evil 5, and a small movement for DMC4 what game have there been a big call for? Rock Band I suppose, but that was fueled by Harmonix promising a Wii version ages ago.

QFT.  I don't hear many calls for most PS3/360 games.  RE5 is a huge movement, and some other games get small movements (DMC, Orange Box, a few others).  Really, though, Wii fans don't try to get that many games over.  I don't hear calls for Army of Two, LA Noire, Red Dead Revolver, FFXIII.  I would not be surprised to learn that a buch of these games have smallish movements, but for the most part people aren't calling for them.

RE5 is different, because we have experienced exactly how much better it controls with the Wiimote than dual analog, and Capcom has seen that there is a large market for RE on the Wii.  One could make the argument that the Wii has the largest proven RE fanbase on any console since the original Playstation; the PS2's RE sales were lackluster compared to the PS, and within a year the Wii's sales of RE4 have almost surpassed the sales on the PS2.  That coupled with 2 RE Million sellers released within a year of each other shows the console's acceptance of the series; throughout the 7 years since the first PS2 RE game was released, the series has sold 5.97M copies on the PS2.  The Wii has sold 2.83M copies in less than a year, and both of the games still pull in decent numbers (~10K/week).

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

rocketpig said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
Eh, I don't really care about an RE5 Wii. I'm more of an RPG guy myself. It's just that when I see the same half-assed bullshit arguments like the "but all u wiii ownerz always want...!" with stupid 12-year old caliber generalizations made by angry fanboys when I can count maybe 2 people on this board at the most that actually champions for RE5 Wii on any kind of regular basis (and further making the fact that about 5-6 people in this thread keep repeating this EXACT.SAME.ARGUMENT that much more astonishing by how ineffective and sloppy it is) and such other beautiful arguments grasping at straws like "BUT NITNEDO PISSSD ON DEVELOPARS SOMTIME AGO" which is rendered even further irrelevant by the existence of Resident Evil 4, I get the overwhelming urge to tell these peole how stupid I think they are and thus start arguing because, since they're not capable of making an actual point, I want to shut them down before they think that they had one. It's a bad habbit.

RE4? You mean the game that came to the GC first because Nintendo paid off Capcom?

You're in denial if you think that Nintendo's current third party relationships weren't caused by the company's actions from 1985-2000. They have improved recently but given the GC's marketshare at that point, it was too little, too late.

After all, most franchises that are more than 10 years old started out on Nintendo consoles. The N64 was the straw that broke the camel's back with its expensive proprietary cartridges and late release. Sony countered with an easy-to-program system based on inexpensive CDs and they showed a willingness to help offset developer costs, something Nintendo never did. It's not surprising that when finally given the chance, developers ran from Nintendo as quickly as possible.

Don't get me wrong, Nintendo is an entirely different company now. But you can't blame developers for dropping support for Nintendo systems from 1995-2006. And you need to give them more than 16 months to come back to Nintendo consoles.

You mean the same Capcom they "paid off" as part of the Triforce? The same Capcom they "paid off" to make several Zelda games?

There's no doubt that there's probably some third parties out there still miffed about 13 years ago, but using Capcom as an example is like saying Wii owners don't buy games and then using Smash Bros Brawl sales as an example - it's a direct contradiction of reality. Capcom is one of the few developers closest to Nintendo. Rights to main RE games for the Gamecube, frequent use of the Zelda license; these are not things companies that hate each other would come to agreements on. Saying anything about "pissing on" is simply denial. It's grasping at irrelevance, because it has nothing to do with why RE5 isn't on the Wii.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

alpha_dk said:
Gnizmo said:
rocketpig said:

I'm not adverse to Capcom porting it at all. What I am adverse to is hearing Wii owners whine that every third party game under development isn't coming to their system.

Care to cite some examples on that one? Aside from Resident Evil 5, and a small movement for DMC4 what game have there been a big call for? Rock Band I suppose, but that was fueled by Harmonix promising a Wii version ages ago.

QFT. I don't hear many calls for most PS3/360 games. RE5 is a huge movement, and some other games get small movements (DMC, Orange Box, a few others). Really, though, Wii fans don't try to get that many games over. I don't hear calls for Army of Two, LA Noire, Red Dead Revolver, FFXIII. I would not be surprised to learn that a buch of these games have smallish movements, but for the most part people aren't calling for them.

RE5 is different, because we have experienced exactly how much better it controls with the Wiimote than dual analog, and Capcom has seen that there is a large market for RE on the Wii. One could make the argument that the Wii has the largest proven RE fanbase on any console since the original Playstation; the PS2's RE sales were lackluster compared to the PS, and within a year the Wii's sales of RE4 have almost surpassed the sales on the PS2. That coupled with 2 RE Million sellers released within a year of each other shows the console's acceptance of the series; throughout the 7 years since the first PS2 RE game was released, the series has sold 5.97M copies on the PS2. The Wii has sold 2.83M copies in less than a year, and both of the games still pull in decent numbers (~10K/week).

Whoa. Way to cherry pick your argument.

The Playstation got RE1, RE2, and RE3 before anyone else.

The Playsation 2 got RE:CV and RE4, the two best RE games last generation, after they had already released on other consoles. The other PS2 RE games received horrible ratings from pretty much everyone in the industry. Using a budget-priced RE4: Wii Edition that launched during a game drought for the Wii isn't very telling, either.

I'm not saying that there isn't a market for RE games on the Wii, there obviously is, but you're using sales figures in a vacuum and completely ignoring the many other factors that caused the PS2 RE games to not sell in much higher numbers. Expect RE5 to sell like crazy when it releases on both the 360 and PS3.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I stick by my prediction:

Well, I think that RE5 will launch without much hurra, on the PS3 and 360. It'll be a relative dissapointment, scoring 8.8's and 4/5's, with a few 9's and 9.5's sprinkled in, just for those benefit of the doubt reviewers, most considering it a AAA title, but not at the level of RE4. Then, in about 3 years, in the twilight years of the Wii, Capcom will release its Resident Evil 5: Wii edition, and it'll probably sell more on the Wii than it did on the PS3, but slightly less than the 360. Gamespot will once again talk about how awesome the controls are, just like RE4:Wii edition. At that point, it will be largely irrelivant, however, since the war will be over, with the Wii the clear winner, and most of us will have played the game, and forgotten it already, but the hardcore RE fans like myself will still pick it up for the Wii, just because we loved the series since before Resident Evil 4 had a storyboard, and most likely the Wii: Edition will have at least some new content.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.