By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - RE4 Wii passes RE4 GC! Wow..Wow..Wow... RE5 for the Wii please!!!!!!

RE5 on the Wii would likely be really gimped, the difference between hardware technology is too far apart. But hey, there might be a RE5 rail shooter someday.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
rocketpig said:
Why do Wii owners always want every game to come to Nintendo's console?

Can't we let the 360 and PS3 have some games? If you want to play RE5, go buy another friggin' console.

THIS THIS THIS!!!!

I feel exactly the same way.

1. Not everyone can afford to spend hundreds of dollars on an HD console to play one game.

2. Not everyone has an entertainment setup that takes advantage of an HD console.

3. Some people would rather play a version with better controls than a version with better graphics.

4. It's a multi-platform release. Why shouldn't the Wii get a version (if it's economically and technically possible)? For example, if they announced Kingdom Hearts 3 for the Wii and 360, there would be people wanting a PS3 version as well.

5. All the other main REs have been put on Nintendo consoles, as well as a few exclusives. RE fans who own the Wii don't want to miss out on the 5th game.

6. Gamers always want a diverse library of games for their console of choice. RE5 will be a good game. Wii owners don't want the Wii to be left out.

There you go. Six reasons why a Wii owner would want RE5 to come to the Wii just off the top of my head.

Also, all the games that have had petitions for a Wii version have been high profile multi-platform games. Yep, it's hard to understand why a Wii owner would want a popular game that's already coming out for the other 2 consoles to also come to the Wii. Those selfish Wii owners.

tehsage said:
rocketpig said:
Wojtas said:
rocketpig said:

Can't we let the 360 and PS3 have some games? If you want to play RE5, go buy another friggin' console.

Let's see, maybe because Nintendo fans have always been left behind in the past two generations as far as 3rd party support goes?

Oh Rocketpig, maybe all this just because we want to rub it in on all the PS fanboys who deny Nintendo(or any other company for that matter) any right to the more successful series of the past years.

Nintendo probably should have been a little nicer to third party developers. You Wii owners should be pointing the finger at Nintendo for their lackluster third party support, not the developers themselves. They go where the money and support is and you can't blame them for that. Nintendo spent the better part of a decade and a half thumbing their nose at developers. It's not surprising to see developers slow to come back to Nintendo consoles unless absolutely forced to do so, which it appears they will be.

I'm sorry, this made me laugh so bad.

You do realize that it was the third party developers fault for not releasing any good games on the Wii because they assumed it would fail. And they were completely wrong. Now they're making up for it by actually producing some quality games for the Wii. Now,  you said they go where the money&support is? Well, lets see, best selling console of the generation, bigger fanbase, different types of gameplay..yep! Your statement is completely incorrect because if third party developers actually wanted to profit, they would produce games for the console that sold the most with the larger fanbase. 

*slaps forehead*

You entirely missed my point.

Here, more slowly this time:

If Nintendo hadn't spent over 15 years finding new and interesting ways to dick over third party developers, they never would have left.

Is that easier to understand? 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Phendrana said:
DMeisterJ said:
rocketpig said:

THIS THIS THIS!!!!

I feel exactly the same way.

1. Not everyone can afford to spend hundreds of dollars on an HD console to play one game.

2. Not everyone has an entertainment setup that takes advantage of an HD console.

3. Some people would rather play a version with better controls than a version with better graphics.

4. It's a multi-platform release. Why shouldn't the Wii get a version (if it's economically and technically possible)? For example, if they announced Kingdom Hearts 3 for the Wii and 360, there would be people wanting a PS3 version as well.

5. All the other main REs have been put on Nintendo consoles, as well as a few exclusives. RE fans who own the Wii don't want to miss out on the 5th game.

6. Gamers always want a diverse library of games for their console of choice. RE5 will be a good game. Wii owners don't want the Wii to be left out.

1. then don't play it if it isn't worth "hundreds of dollars to play one game". nice straw man argument by the way.

2. you don't need an "entertainment setup" to enjoy HD games.

3. while some people definately prefer wii controls, don't act like that encompasses everyone. I'm sure resident evil 5 will control just fine with dual analog controls.

4. Why isn't Call of Duty 4, Devil May Cry 4, Grand Theft Auto 4 and Assassin's Creed on the Wii? The vast majority of high profile X360/PS3 games do not end up on the Wii, period. And if they do, it's most likely out for PS2 as well.

5. There is the potential with for games you want to go to a system you don't own. this is part of gaming and unless you shell out money for all 3 this is bound to happen eventually. If it's that important, find someone with a x360 or ps3.

6. I'd say Wii has a very diverse library (if you take into account VC games). This isn't that big of a deal considering in all likeliness there will be another RE game exclusively for Wii.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

"All the other main REs have been put on Nintendo consoles, as well as a few exclusives. RE fans who own the Wii don't want to miss out on the 5th game."

Are you saying FF7 should had been ported to the N64?  

"Why isn't samus in a mario kart game?"

Around the Network
plzdontbanme said:

"All the other main REs have been put on Nintendo consoles, as well as a few exclusives. RE fans who own the Wii don't want to miss out on the 5th game."

FF was ported to the ps1 buddy. They were developing it for the N64, but then the expense,and limited cartridge space made them make it for the ps1. 

rocketpig said:

When the other consoles get a control scheme that is half as good as the Wii's for a RE game I will consider it. Till then I will just skip the game because going back to dual-analog is extremely painful to me. Why are you so averse to a few Capcom multi-platform games also including the Wii as an option?

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

sc94597 said:
plzdontbanme said:

FF was ported to the ps1 buddy. They were developing it for the N64, but then the expense,and limited cartridge space made them make it for the ps1. 

The fact that Nintendo had spent years pissing all over third party developers and doing their very best to screw em at every turn didn't help. Nintendo got a much needed lesson in humility as a result, and looks to be improving third party relations rather than screwing everyone else over.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
rocketpig said:

When the other consoles get a control scheme that is half as good as the Wii's for a RE game I will consider it. Till then I will just skip the game because going back to dual-analog is extremely painful to me. Why are you so averse to a few Capcom multi-platform games also including the Wii as an option?

I'm not adverse to Capcom porting it at all. What I am adverse to is hearing Wii owners whine that every third party game under development isn't coming to their system. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

ameratsu said:

1. then don't play it if it isn't worth "hundreds of dollars to play one game". nice straw man argument by the way.

2. you don't need an "entertainment setup" to enjoy HD games.

3. while some people definately prefer wii controls, don't act like that encompasses everyone. I'm sure resident evil 5 will control just fine with dual analog controls.

4. Why isn't Call of Duty 4, Devil May Cry 4, Grand Theft Auto 4 and Assassin's Creed on the Wii? The vast majority of high profile X360/PS3 games do not end up on the Wii, period. And if they do, it's most likely out for PS2 as well.

5. There is the potential with for games you want to go to a system you don't own. this is part of gaming and unless you shell out money for all 3 this is bound to happen eventually. If it's that important, find someone with a x360 or ps3.

6. I'd say Wii has a very diverse library (if you take into account VC games). This isn't that big of a deal considering in all likeliness there will be another RE game exclusively for Wii.

Before I even get into this, let me just say you've completely missed the purpose of the post. It was a list of reasons why people would want an RE5 port, not a list of reasons why they should make an RE5 port.

1. How is that a straw man argument? I want to play RE5, I don't want to buy an expensive HD console just to play RE5, there are a lot of other people who are in the same situation. I won't play it if it doesn't come to the Wii, which is why it's a reason for wanting it to come to the Wii.

2. Yeah, you don't need an HD setup, but if graphics are the main draw of HD consoles, you can't get the most out of them without one. It's one of the reasons I haven't purchased one yet. This goes along with reason 1 in that some people lack incentive to buy an HD console.

3. That's why I said "some". It will play fine with dual analog, but one of the main draws of the Wii RE4 was its superior control scheme. Some people, given the option of either, would take the Wii version of RE5 for its controls rather than the HD version for its graphics. That constitutes it as a reason for wanting it on the Wii.

4. I didn't say that multi-platform games should always come to the Wii. I'm saying when a popular game comes out for 2 of the 3 consoles, the left out party will want the game for their system as well.

5. The entire series has done well on Nintendo consoles, so it only makes sense that people wouldn't want to get shafted on the next big installment of the series.

6. Yes, the Wii has a diverse library, but that wasn't the point. People want good games on their console, RE5 will be a good game, Wii owners want good games on the Wii, Wii owners want RE5 on the Wii.

Don't get so offended because *gasp* some people want to play RE5 on the Wii.