By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - RE4 Wii passes RE4 GC! Wow..Wow..Wow... RE5 for the Wii please!!!!!!

outlawauron said:
Erik Aston said:
Ugh.

This game is grossly overtracked. It had only shipped 1.15M at the end of 2007; substantially less than VGC claims it had sold at the time.

http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/data/million.html

http://vgchartz.com/weekly.php?date=39446&console=Wii&maker=Capcom&boxartz=1

I wonder why people are ignoring this post.

And. Why is this surprising? Wii sequels should pass every GC orignial/prequel. The Wii is entirely a new beast, and it will be a big accomplishment if it passes the PS2 version.

actually looking at that list a whole lot of title from capcom are over tracked including RE1,2, codev x, RE4 ps2,

regardless over a million for a port of a 2 year old game with an expectation of half that is impressive,

personally I'd rather see a new re 4 type RE for the wii than a port of 5, why dedicate a team to a port when a team could be dedicated to an original game, plus an original RE 4 type game would sell ps3, 360 owners on the wii, porting 5 wouldn't be regardless of the controls, plus I'm sure they'd just do a cut down port rather than a rebuild 

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Why do Wii owners always want every game to come to Nintendo's console?

Can't we let the 360 and PS3 have some games? If you want to play RE5, go buy another friggin' console.

THIS THIS THIS!!!!

I feel exactly the same way.

Wojtas said:
rocketpig said:

Can't we let the 360 and PS3 have some games? If you want to play RE5, go buy another friggin' console.

Let's see, maybe because Nintendo fans have always been left behind in the past two generations as far as 3rd party support goes?

Oh Rocketpig, maybe all this just because we want to rub it in on all the PS fanboys who deny Nintendo(or any other company for that matter) any right to the more successful series of the past years.

Nintendo probably should have been a little nicer to third party developers. You Wii owners should be pointing the finger at Nintendo for their lackluster third party support, not the developers themselves. They go where the money and support is and you can't blame them for that. Nintendo spent the better part of a decade and a half thumbing their nose at developers. It's not surprising to see developers slow to come back to Nintendo consoles unless absolutely forced to do so, which it appears they will be.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

DMeisterJ said:
rocketpig said:

THIS THIS THIS!!!!

Everybody wants more good games for the console they own, You know what not every body wants to own multiple stinking consoles, and there are people that like the RE 4 like games that only own a wii, furhtermore why do I see so many ps3/360 owners brag about how they have better game line ups than the wii and then spaz out when wii owners say that they'd like a game to come to the wii. seriously

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DMeisterJ said:
rocketpig said:

THIS THIS THIS!!!!

I feel the same way to but when I say something people have to cry about it. =\

Around the Network

It is impressive just how well RE games do on Nintendo consoles.

RE5 isn't just everygame either, its the successor to RE4 which has currently done phenomenally on the Wii. God forbid we'd want to play the successor with Wii controls.

Though if you must asky why do people want "every" game on the Wii? Well, maybe because the Wii is the winner this generation. Guess the PS2 spoiled us last gen. Just a thought. Oh and it might save us a bunch of money by not having to buy the explosively priced HD consoles that, believe it or not, aren't everyone's cup of tea.

What is selfish is asking that people want nothing more than what they're given, not people asking simply to share what everyone else has.

Why must it be a burr in everyone's ass that a handful of hopefuls make a petition or few, if they really don't work, what do you have to be afraid of?

Ail said:

Sorry but I don't want RE5 dubbed down graphically because it has to work on Wii :P

What next ?

A petition for Crysis to work on Penthium II ?

Go look at RE4 for the Wii..

Now stop making rediculous claims. RE4 looked amazing on the Wii. Amazing. If they did it with the same graphics as RE4, I'm positive that RE5 on the Wii would look just as excellent. 

Ail said:
Besides if Capcom was to do RE5 for Wii, it would be a better idea for them to do RE5 PS2.
Last I checked 120 Millions > 23 millions...

lol... Not everyone who purchased a PS2 used it for gaming. I know plenty of people who used it for a DVD player.

Besides, RE5 with Wii controls would basically own RE5 on any other console.

rocketpig said:
Wojtas said:
rocketpig said:

Let's see, maybe because Nintendo fans have always been left behind in the past two generations as far as 3rd party support goes?

Oh Rocketpig, maybe all this just because we want to rub it in on all the PS fanboys who deny Nintendo(or any other company for that matter) any right to the more successful series of the past years.

Nintendo probably should have been a little nicer to third party developers. You Wii owners should be pointing the finger at Nintendo for their lackluster third party support, not the developers themselves. They go where the money and support is and you can't blame them for that. Nintendo spent the better part of a decade and a half thumbing their nose at developers. It's not surprising to see developers slow to come back to Nintendo consoles unless absolutely forced to do so, which it appears they will be.

I'm sorry, this made me laugh so bad.

You do realize that it was the third party developers fault for not releasing any good games on the Wii because they assumed it would fail. And they were completely wrong. Now they're making up for it by actually producing some quality games for the Wii. Now,  you said they go where the money&support is? Well, lets see, best selling console of the generation, bigger fanbase, different types of gameplay..yep! Your statement is completely incorrect because if third party developers actually wanted to profit, they would produce games for the console that sold the most with the larger fanbase.