By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FIFA 18 on Switch accounted for 1% of all UK physical copies sold

GhaudePhaede010 said:
No matter how much evidence comes up that EA may not have wanted this game to succeed, there will be conspiracy theorist that excuse EA's current efforts. There is nothing we can do but speculate. It is absolutely stupid that people can say one side is ridiculous while having just as flimsy evidence on the other side.

Did I do it right?

You do realize you're the conspiracy theorist, right? EA sabotaging their own game is definitely a conspiracy, true or not.

Currently (Re-)Playing: Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void Multiplayer, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Currently Watching: The Shield, Stein's;Gate, Narcos

Around the Network

So...   what was it then?  Was it a conspiracy or not?

Lol EA sucks

I think it sold about 500k on Switch all up. Not a failure IMO....

tripenfall said:

It has even sold more than that, over 600k and counting, plust it has charted for the past 3 weeks and sold higher than the XOne version for those weeks.

Around the Network
duduspace1 said:
tripenfall said:

It has even sold more than that, over 600k and counting, plust it has charted for the past 3 weeks and sold higher than the XOne version for those weeks.

It had a heavy reduction in price, overall numbers shouldn't be close. Expected as it was a mediocre effort by EA

It’s selling very well now. Figures are atound 40,000 a week. In uk it’s outselling Xbox one version on amazon. Due to fluctuating price cuts.

Latest figures are over 700,000 so I wouldn’t say it’s thst bad 

The Switch is a back up handheld, not a main. Of course third party titles are going to sell low on it. Why buy the lesser version when your main plays it much better?

pastro243 said:
duduspace1 said:

It had a heavy reduction in price, overall numbers shouldn't be close. Expected as it was a mediocre effort by EA

Yeah, the price reduction basically levelled the playing field IMO. Reduced price for a  version with reduced content sounds about fair.