By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer #2 has over 30 million views already

Tagged games:

Radek said:
0815user said:
bought it a while ago. turned out better than i expected. i'm not a fan of superhero and open world games but this one i can deal with. characters, story, gameplay... all very solid. really looking forward to their next project. please don't be an FPS.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
That's funny, because I saw a trailer that was like 500k views and thought "wtf?"

So does this mean this beat GOW4 in record time? Didn't that game have like a record amount of views for a game trailer ?

I honestly don't know how many views GOW4 trailer got, but as for Rockstar, RDR 2 Trailer #2 has already beat all GTA 5 Trailers/Gameplays, except these two.

Only need 4 more millions to beat this one.

However GTA V Trailer #1 from 2011 has over 49 million views, so RDR 2 Trailer #2 still needs few days to pass that.

Still crazy that Red Dead game will beat GTA's numbers, and not in years, but in days.

People are really hungry for a new Rockstar game after 4 years of milking GTA V ports and GTA Online.

Milking GTA V ports? They literally ported it in 2014 to PS/One/PC and nothing else in the past 3 years ..

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

It's R* so I shouldn't be surprised. I don't get why people are going "but teh ads" since most game trailers at E3 were also ads, including GOW and R*'s own RDR2 trailer one, the latter was even showed at the Super Bowl. This just means that more people are aware of its existence, the 75+ million sales by GTA V players should be an indication of how much grasp R* has over this industry.

PEEPer0nni said:

Go on r/pcmasterrace and you'll see them calling normal console players peasants even tough by their definition a peasant is only someone who thinks that consoles are better than pc.

What does that have to do with Nazis? It was a joke, grow up, be mature and move on. I mean jesus it was obvious sarcasm. 

It's ok child - you're only 17 after all. Come back once you become wise and mature at the prime age of 19. /s

And that’s just base PS4 graphics.....holy...

Does that include the views that came from ads? Or do those not count?

Around the Network
PEEPer0nni said:

yes

And yet you still can't accept that a joke is a joke, and that "PC Master race" is not actual nazi talk. Ok then. 

It’s using Nazi symbolism to display one’s own superiority. It’s incredibly pathetic, childish and ignorant.

Wondering how Ad's work for views?

I've watched the trailer once, yet when watching youtube video on my TV, the trailer has probably popped up 30 times as an AD. Does that mean then that I've watched this thing 31 times for the counter?

Also rockstar uk has another 12 million views for this game.

John19 said:
StarDoor said:
I am confused by how few likes there are on that 30M video.

It was most likely ran as an ad a bunch

Yeah, I watched/listened to a fair number of YT videos yesterday, I think this trailer was the ad for nearly all of them.

Looks pretty good, like to see some gameplay footage.