Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction time: MH World

Jranation said:
kazuyamishima said:
Yeah is like one of those predictions about switch selling more than PS4 THIS year

It probably will!

Nintendos goal is to make 10m by march 2018.

They might do abit more, if they can get production up..... so lets say they do 12-14m by then.

Sony is on track to do like 19-20m by end of this year, and by march will probably have done another few million units too.

So no, Switch isnt going to sell more than PS4 this year.

Not world wide, total sales.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
If it outsells Tri i'd consider it a succes, and I'm sure Capcom will feel the same.

I agree with this. Also, despite what many believe, I think Japan will still be the strongest region (but as for Tri, not stronger than the other regions combined).

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

uran10 said:
JRPGfan said:

I suspect it ll do over 3m+.
Its a big jump for the series from 3DS->PS4 with the graphics, and the new gameplay stuff is probably like a breath of fresh air to all the old MH fans out there.

Hey there, I have friends who just happen to be huge MH fans. They absolutely hate the changes, just saying.

Most reviewers only had good things to say.

You can now change armor/weapons outside, drink potions while moveing, dont need to heal standing still, Looting is less of a hassel,  you can para-glide (like in BoTW), there are no more loading screens and tiny zones, its all seemless now.

Lots of small things like that, which makes it less of a hassel to play, and enable more gameplay methodes.

More or less everyone thats tried the game, or writen about it, says its a much more fun & natural to play now.

JRPGfan said:
uran10 said:

Hey there, I have friends who just happen to be huge MH fans. They absolutely hate the changes, just saying.

Most reviewers only had good things to say.

You can now change armor/weapons outside, drink potions while moveing, dont need to heal standing still, Looting is less of a hassel,  you can para-glide (like in BoTW), there are no more loading screens and tiny zones, its all seemless now.

Lots of small things like that, which makes it less of a hassel to play, and enable more gameplay methodes.

More or less everyone thats tried the game, or writen about it, says its a much more fun & natural to play now.

That actually is not a contradiction. Critics always saw it with mixed feelings, while fans love it. If it becomes more mainstream, critics could love it while classic fans hate it.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

JRPGfan said:
Jranation said:

It probably will!

Nintendos goal is to make 10m by march 2018.

They might do abit more, if they can get production up..... so lets say they do 12-14m by then.

Sony is on track to do like 19-20m by end of this year, and by march will probably have done another few million units too.

So no, Switch isnt going to sell more than PS4 this year.

Not world wide, total sales.

Oops! Forgot to say in Japan

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

"Joke thread? bruh?"

Ka-pi's safest prediction ever... smashed to smithereens in a single week..

Last edited by Kyuu - on 01 February 2018

Wow why were everyone thinking it wouldn't outsell the handheld versions? And saying this is a joke thread was silly

I think the OP was the only member to predict anything over 3-3.5 million lifetime on any thread, and it's already rocketed past that in week one. 2 million seems to be close to the average prediction. Absolutely smashed it. Congrats.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 04 February 2018

Chinese food for breakfast

Ka-pi96 said:
I predict you'll be wrong, on both counts.

And that's the safest prediction I've ever made! :O

I didn't know polar bears ate crows...

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Jranation said:
Being sarcastic? Because LMAO!

But hey! It could be another Splatoon on the Wii U? xD

2mil Max in Japan. 4mil Max WW

Wrong. It's bigger than splatoon on the Wii u. 

Jranation said:
kazuyamishima said:
Yeah is like one of those predictions about switch selling more than PS4 THIS year

It probably will!

Double crow for you this thread.

uran10 said:
JRPGfan said:

I suspect it ll do over 3m+.
Its a big jump for the series from 3DS->PS4 with the graphics, and the new gameplay stuff is probably like a breath of fresh air to all the old MH fans out there.

Lol its reception has been extremely positive by the hardcore. Sales obliterated expectations.