By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction time: MH World

I agree with your first prediction, but the second one I think is a little too much, I think in Japan MHW will sell something around 2.5m-3m.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

I predict it's not going to reach the million in Japan until a year after release. And i won't pass 2m in the West.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

GProgrammer said:

My first prediction thread here I think, so I'll do 2 predictions about this much talked about game.

#1  Monster Hunter World will be the biggest selling game in the franchise ever, record currently held by the PSP Game MHP3 at 4.9 Million

#2 In Japan only, PS4 Monster Hunter World will outsell 3DS Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon

A couple of Bold Predictions, who agrees?

This thread already exists.   

How much will Monster Hunter World sell?

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

0.1 million

RolStoppable said:
DroidKnight said:

This thread already exists.   

How much will Monster Hunter World sell?

Hm, my prediction was lower than I remembered it to be. But the same holds true for the people who believe in the game, putting it no higher than 3-3.5m despite a release across three platforms. Your prediction is an exception.

Seeing how Dragon Quest XI performed on the PS4 in Japan makes me think that my predicted ~2m for MHW will be reached by the PS4 version alone and the other two versions combined should push MHW above 2.5m with relative ease. Even 3m doesn't seem farfetched, although that would still be below what Capcom wants from the game. I am quite sure that most people would increase their predictions after seeing Dragon Quest XI's sales performance, pushing the consensus from 2-3m into the 3-4m range.

Yep, mine was pretty high.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

...Given how Capcom's been going with its series, with even the least controversial game of them all (RE7) underperforming as I understand it, and the loss of portability....

I'll be interested to compare its sales to the Double Cross on switch, and I am unsure of its worldwide sales potential.

Other than the fact that the X-Box version is likely to have weak sales figures, I am unsure of how well it will sell. Hard to say how it'll compare to Pokemon numbers.

Those in Japan, even for things like B2W2, tend to be over three million....

I still do lean on the fact that Capcom has not been doing well recently with their major titles, and with MvC making Star Fox Zero look lively I would be surprised if it accomplishes what Capcom expects.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

I think there could be potential in that 1st prediction, with the PS4 having large success, but that 2nd one seems more of a stretch. Pokemon consistently have good numbers, while the only MH game that achieved this was the PSP one, and I have my doubts World will do better in Japan only.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

What is bold about the prediction?
The statement lacks both confidence and courage, which are both key elements of boldness.

I think the actually word you might be looking for is "silly" prediction due to it being a flimsy, consequence free, prediction that doesn't logically follow current or historical sales data.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Yeah is like one of those predictions about switch selling more than PS4 THIS year

kazuyamishima said:
Yeah is like one of those predictions about switch selling more than PS4 THIS year

It probably will!

Pocky Lover Boy!