By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - At least 6 WH advisers used private email accounts... Lock them up?

LiquorandGunFun said:
StarOcean said:

This boils down to... "I don't like this so it can't be true." And then throwing out some whataboutisms for extra measure

I never said that.

If you read carefully, I said they have a bad history of investigating. At least come back with a fact instead of insult.

And if they're right? But you cannot deny you threw out random whataboutisms, for some reason. 

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
LiquorandGunFun said:

I never said that.

If you read carefully, I said they have a bad history of investigating. At least come back with a fact instead of insult.

And if they're right? But you cannot deny you threw out random whataboutisms, for some reason. 

Why cant you accept it all needs investigation?

I didnt say it didnt.

LiquorandGunFun said:
StarOcean said:

Why cant you accept it all needs investigation?

I didnt say it didnt.

I don't think you understand where I stand in regards to Hillary -whom I even say earlier in this thread needs to pay for her crimes. However, I doubt with the current admin that neither she nor anyone including Ivanka, provided this source is correct, will face any criminal charges. A Dem president admin would not have it happen either. A more typical Republican president with a decent admin would be, in my opinion, the best shot at them facing anything.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
GoOnKid said:

I still don't understand how this shit got inflated so much that it cost the US a better president.

Hillary didn't lose because of emails?

It definitely hurted her reputation. It may not have made a big difference, but only a few more votes would have made her win.

Flilix said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Hillary didn't lose because of emails?

It definitely hurted her reputation. It may not have made a big difference, but only a few more votes would have made her win.

Let's not kid ourselves, it's her own fault she lost. No point in blaming voters. 

Around the Network

Clinton's email scandal was certainly a factor and it was her own fault. What she did was stupid and negligent and it rightfully made people question her decision making ability. It probably wasn't criminal but it hurt her bad enough that I would consider it just punishment.

As for this situation now, the truth is that we don't know anything. There is actually nothing wrong with using private email for SOME types of correspondence. In fact, if the content has to do with subjects like campaigning or party functions, then they're SUPPOSED to use private email.

The content is the important part.

pokoko said:
Clinton's email scandal was certainly a factor and it was her own fault. What she did was stupid and negligent and it rightfully made people question her decision making ability. It probably wasn't criminal but it hurt her bad enough that I would consider it just punishment.

As for this situation now, the truth is that we don't know anything. There is actually nothing wrong with using private email for SOME types of correspondence. In fact, if the content has to do with subjects like campaigning or party functions, then they're SUPPOSED to use private email.

The content is the important part.

Yea, I might have jumped the gun a little but I believe they probably didn't follow the rules on forwarding all work related messages to their work accounts.  So using private emails isn't illegal but not following through with proper forwarding can be.  The story is barely breaking and not much has been heard after initial report which was vague on its own but if I had to put money down then I would put money down on this administration not complying with the rules set in place even though it was used a rallying cry during the election campaign.

I've added a paragraph from the story which states that nothing is wrong as long as they keep forwarding it to their work accounts.

I updated your thread title to better represent what people are clicking on.

The very first opening already stated that you can legally use private email for your work of you hand over a copy to the archives. There is no crime.

Clinton secure-erased 33000 Emails after the FBI had opened four investigations about corruption and demanded the evidence to be handed over (subpoenaed). Her phones were destroyed with hammers (!) so that the FBI could not examine them.
http://dailysignal.com/2016/11/10/not-over-4-legal-probes-hillary-clinton-still-faces/
http://www.businessinsider.de/how-hillary-clinton-aide-destroyed-phones-2016-9?r=US&IR=T

There is no other politician in the US who was allowed to destroy evidence in such a large scale without punishment. There is no equivalence to Kushner's legal use of Emails.